topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 8:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Anything you know of that is similary (in features and price) to Parse-O-Matic ?  (Read 2947 times)

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I see that Iconico Daily Deals is going to have Parse-O-Matic Advanced Edition on sale for 80% off. I am wondering what other similar tools are out there that are in this category. I am very familiar with the multi-hundred to thousand dollar programs out there for enterprise-strength data migration between SAP, Oracle, etc. But I am curious as to what other lightweight tools there are out there.

The next question is, will Parse-O-Matic Advanced Edition be easier/quicker to use on projects than me writing some python scripts. My initial guess is that it will be quicker/easier for the simpler conversation tasks, but that if they get more complicated, I (personally, since I know python) will be better off doing it in python.

Anybody got any experience in this area and/or with similar products?

If I can find the time, I plan on trying out the demo before it goes on sale.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I have an old DOS version of Parse-O-Matic and still use it for one small job, but it's ages since I tried to do anything new with it.  I'm not a coder, and I have to say I found it hard to get to grips with.  Probably easier than full-fledged programming languages, e.g has native support for dBase files.  You are right to try the demo first.