topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:59 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Flash Tower Defense Game of the Week: Viking Defense  (Read 21055 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Flash Tower Defense Game of the Week: Viking Defense
« on: December 20, 2008, 12:43 PM »
Here's a nice and deep tower defense game with a few new twists.

I love the tower defense genre.. it's always interesting to see what mechanics work and don't work, and how different games experiment with different elements.

This one is easy to play but adds a few new things that have mixed success.  Perhaps the most interesting new aspect is the idea that certain upgrades and new towers are unlocked only by reaching certain achievements.  The achievements are listed and your progress towards them shown.

This game also makes use of something i'm not that fond of, which is manually triggered/aimable actions.  In other words, to take maximum advantage you have to be prepared to direct strikes occasionally.

from http://flash.plasticthinking.org/

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Flash Tower Defense Game of the Week: Viking Defense
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 07:12 PM »
Someone needs to hurry up and buy Defense Grid: The Awakening and give it a review.

Defense Grid.jpg

Official Website

Available on Steam

vixay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • ViXaY
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2008, 03:59 AM »
played it...

couldn't finish the last level. Damn you for wasting my day! And i haven't discovered what the last combat or magic tower is.

Strategies i've found that worked (Catapult + R rune (homing)) is very good for ground units (Floating and underwater), I usually use 4+ each map (later maps lots! due to lots of cash)....

You need to keep using the Platform ability everytime it becomes available else you can't win some levels, (allows placing more towers, creating bottlenecks ..etc).

Falcons plus H rune (damage increase) are awesome at late levels for bosses and all. I use 5+ at the end. Air is the bigger challenge in the end, have to use the special ability axe on them...

"Drunk on the Nectar of Life!" -me

psathas

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2009, 01:21 PM »