topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:43 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Wreckedcarzz Sings "Still Alive" from Portal  (Read 4249 times)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Wreckedcarzz Sings "Still Alive" from Portal
« on: December 19, 2008, 08:28 PM »
Scancode was NOT involved this time! 100% voluntary (be that good or bad... your opinion).

I decided that, after watching "Idiots of Garrys Mod", "Idiots of Garrys Mod 2", and "Portal Credits Song - 'Still Alive'", I decided to make this sing-along of Still Alive. It didn't come out that bad (3 finished recordings, 3rd was chosen)!

Best listened to in a lower volume (Windows Sound Recorder isn't your prime upper-range volume recorder), but not half bad. I'm happy with the outcome.

For those curious why I made it: I smile every time I hear the lines "Now these points of data make a beautiful line. And we're out of beta. We're releasing on time." - Dunno why. Just makes me smile so big (ex: :D) :P

Hope you ... enjoy. ;) :) ;D

EDIT: The resulting MP3 is even worse than Audacity had within the editing interface. It's ... mediocre now. :(
EDIT: Uploaded my singing by itself. Listener discretion is advised. ;D
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 12:03 PM by wreckedcarzz »

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Wreckedcarzz Sings "Still Alive" from Portal
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 08:41 PM »
I sigh with happiness when I hear this song.
It's magical, somehow. I grinned half tearfully watching the credits roll the first time I beat portal.

"Sorry Mario But Our Princess is In Another Castle" is another video game inspired song that, somehow, is more to me than just a silly "Video Game Song".