topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: FURL  (Read 3533 times)

ljbirns

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FURL
« on: December 19, 2008, 01:12 PM »
I subscribe to the NY Times website.  They  allowed you to save web pages, news articles etc  from anywhere to   your TIMES FILE, which could then be accessed  anywhere / anytime..   They are discontinuing the  Times File and transferring all the   saved pages ( if I agree ) to FURL.

Does anybody know about FURL ?

Thanks

Lew
Lew

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FURL
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 02:18 PM »
Furl has been around for a while--I had an account, but really haven't used them much. When they came on the scene, I was using and working for Spurl.

Generally speaking, I'd say in many ways furl would be superior to the Times for saving articles, as it would allow you to save web pages/articles from all over the web, not limiting you to just one website.  If I recall correctly, furl goes beyond simply bookmarking--it does actually save a copy of the page itself.

What is it you want to know about them? I'm sure someone here has more experience than I do but they'd be better equipped to answer your question(s) if they had a better idea what you wanted know.

ljbirns

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FURL
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 02:55 PM »
Thanks Allen

I just want to know if they are an OK operation and that I probably won't have any problems in the future,
Lew