topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:28 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 5724 times)

dutchMasta

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Suggestions
« on: October 29, 2008, 02:54 PM »
First of all, just wanted to thank you for such a great idea and program.

Some of these suggestions have already been suggested, but I'll second them anyway (no need to reply if they are seconded)

1. Ability to lock docks/icons (seconded)
2. Docklet support (seconded)
3. Hiding the dock by clicking outside the circle (seconded)
4. Middle button shortcut customisation, like making it point to My Computer (seconded)
5. Seperators, and corresponding configuration, like length/image file/transparency/etc. [can act like a cut through the circle backgrounds, or just lines inbetween]
6. Icon spacing equalisation [I've got 9 icons, so it should look like 3 equal groups of 3, but due to the different icon sizes, ie one's a rectangle, another's a circle, etc., they aren't evenly distributed]
7. Outline option for text labels, plus thickness/transparency/colour

Main big one for me is the seperator, would love to group my icons up. I would create my own circle image with seperators, but would have to change it every time I add/remove a dock item, plus, the icon spacing issues I mentioned above make it an uneven cut (was hoping for 3 cuts, 3 sets of 3 icons). Thanks!!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 01:16 AM by dutchMasta »

dutchMasta

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 01:16 AM »
Just a few more:
8. Middle-click to open apps without hiding circle dock, so you can open several apps at the same time easily (seconded ak_'s request)
9. Assigned icon spaces for applicable clicks, like some icons are very small or thin, so it's not easy to click on them (EXAMPLE)
10. Per ring customisation, like 2nd ring has max 10 icons, 1st ring has max 6 icons, sort of thing
11. Have an option to open Dock Folders in a new ring (say, Ring 2) outside the default ring (called, say, Ring 1), rather than in it's own new ring replacing the default ring, but different folders you click in Ring 1 will change Ring 2 rather than opening a Ring 3 and 4 or whatever, but opening a Dock Folder in Ring 2 will open Ring 3, etc. (hope it makes sense)
12. Option to disable Dock Memory, ie, after you open Dock Folder called, say, Games, then click Pacman, it'll close, but next time you open the Circle Dock, it'll stay in the Games Dock Folder
13. Per icon background, can choose an image file for this, like each icon can have a black circle around it or a glass tray sort of thing (like THIS), but unlike objectdock, can have both regular circle background and icon background

Just want to stress that I'm not trying to push for these, nor give you (VideoInPicture) a hard time, just want to suggest/give as many as much as possible to unlock the full potential of a great app.

D7maj

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 10:02 PM »
Here are mine:

I think Circle Dock being portable is useful for some, but for others it might be just inconvenient. An installer would be nice. With this, a feature to start with Windows should come together too. =D

And, some other things that could be pretty interesting:

-An ability to pin to desktop! And, of course, make it unhideable.

-Turn the center into a click-through, or customize the function for the button.

And, other than that,  I rly appreciated all the features suggested in Ideas/Mockups section. I know Circle Dock is still in development, and I look forward to download a completed Circle Dock, I hope, with those features in Ideas/Mockups section, as well as the ideas I gave, if that's possible.

Thx a lot o/

D7maj

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2008, 02:55 PM »
Oh yeah, I just thought of something else: Cloning the shortcuts, not just redirect to 'em, so that when the shortcut is deleted, the one in Circle Dock keeps functional!

VideoInPicture

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 10:47 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions. I have been busy with some life stuff lately and have had to postpone my programming lately so I haven't been able to work on my programs but I will keep your suggestions in mind.
Author of Circle Dock: http://circledock.wikidot.com
Author of Video In Picture: http://videoinpicture.wikidot.com
Author of Webcam Signature: http://webcamsignature.wikidot.com
Author of Easy Unicode Paster: http://easyunicodepaster.wikidot.com

dutchMasta

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 04:09 PM »
Oh, don't worry about it at all, all in your own time.

Just want do add one more small suggestion:
* Option for a silent program startup, where the Circle Dock doesn't come into view.