topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:02 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Web Developer Tools Needed: Website Downloader and Broken Image/Link Checker  (Read 9098 times)

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I am going to be spending the next few hours working on a project. I will be searching the Internet for some tools to do some things I need, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to throw up a post here in case somebody happens to stop by the forums today and knows of some good tools.

I am moving an existing website to a "better" setup. I am creating a test server, production server, putting client-side files under FileHamster and server-side files under Subversion. Local web page editing will be via KompoZer and file transfer will be via WinSCP.

The existing website files include a bunch of junk. I want to point a program at the home page and have it download all of the files necessary for the site. I will then use only those files to start with. The rest of the files will be archived to CD and removed. I will then host only the downloaded files on the test server and I want to then run a broken image/link checker on the site to find and problems.

I then will set up Google Analytics for the site.

Additionally I want to find a web site/service that will email me if the site goes down and another to check all of the links/embeds and email me if any go bad.

I'm going to start working on this now. Any help with finding these things would be appreciated.

thanx,
tinjaw

Ehtyar

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Httrack is an excellent free website downloader. Sorry I have no suggestions on the link checker.

Ehtyar.

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Link Checkers Comparison Table

Otherwise, work this Google Searc Results to find what you are looking for.

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks you two. That was what I needed. I donated to you some coffee/beer money.  :Thmbsup:

justice

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
find broken links on your site: http://home.snafu.de...tilman/xenulink.html XENU!
Let you know then the site is offline: http://mon.itor.us

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for the credits tinjaw. I spent it wisely emoticon-0175-drunk.png

jasonvogel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile