topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:48 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Acronis True Image 11 Home for US$ 9.99  (Read 12815 times)

icekin

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • icekin.com Technology,Computers and the Internet
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Acronis True Image 11 Home for US$ 9.99
« on: September 13, 2008, 07:59 PM »
Click to go to Acronis Offer

I found the deal posted on OzBargain.

Interesting comment from OzBargain above:
You can get an extra 10% off (down to $8.99) if you click on the “Buy Now for $9.99” link on the page, then press the “back” button on your browser. You’ll get a pop-up page saying:

“If you mistakenly left our store while trying to purchase, you may resume your purchase and receive a 10% discount by clicking on the Check Out button below.”

Press the check out button and you get an extra 10%/$1 off the already low price. I’ve just made a purchase and it works.

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Acronis True Image 11 Home for US$ 9.99
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 03:48 AM »
That one might have been posted first, but it's almost impossible to find because it's in the README thread.  :down:

Thanks for posting it in its own thread, icekin. :up:

Lutz_

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Plus Disk Director +++ Acronis True Image 11 Home for US$ 9.99
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 11:04 PM »
Actually there is an even better deal available here:

http://www.acronis.n...xkbos22hrmttxyrcz2xo

$9.99 for True Image 11 Plus Disk Director 10

You have to use this code on checkout:
         ATIH80
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:07 PM by Lutz_ »

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 11:09 PM »
I saw this posted to VUNet this morning and have been depressed all day, having paid full price for Disk Director 10 a month ago  :(

I imagine that TrueImage 12 must be just around the corner and that Disk Director 11 must be in the pipeline, too...

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 12:13 AM »
Thanks Lutz_ and icekin. I took advantage of the offer posted by Lutz_!

thorazine74

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 11:26 AM »
I imagine that TrueImage 12 must be just around the corner and that Disk Director 11 must be in the pipeline, too...

True Image 2009 is in beta stage, freely downloadable from Softpedia, dont know about Disk Director 11...

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 11:12 AM »
The discount code is no longer working (Jan 28 2009).

I have TrueImage version 9 and 11. I just purchased a new HDD for my laptop and am going to move from XP to Vista. I am trying to decide if I want to shell out another $30 for this years version (TrueImage Home 2009). I know that there will inevitably be another version out next year as well.

TrueImage is a *wonderful* product. It has a lot of nice features and is very easy to use. I am thinking that I should just consider it as a yearly subscription and pay the $30/year to get the upgrade.

Anybody else been in this situation? What were your thoughts? What did you end up doing?

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 11:28 AM »
Disk Director hasn't been updated in a long time (I got mine as a free upgrade to version 9 in 2005 and there have been a few minor patch updates but nothing major).

To be honest it is difficult to see what can be added - unless specific support is needed for the new extra large devices.

My suggestion is to by TI Echo Workstation (and purchase 'maintenance' with it).

It is a bit more expensive (though they will give you an upgrade price from the home version if you ask).

The maintenance is very cheap and can be renewed every year so you always keep up to date.

The advantage of WS version is that it is thoroughly tested and solid - unlike the Home versions which were always buggy (esp. in new releases).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 11:39 AM by Carol Haynes »

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 12:05 PM »
TrueImage is a *wonderful* product. It has a lot of nice features and is very easy to use. I am thinking that I should just consider it as a yearly subscription and pay the $30/year to get the upgrade.

What I've been doing is instead of updating when they come out with a new release: I wait for the period of time that occurs just before the new release, and pick up the version that's about to be 'obsolete' for $10 or so. This is never anything that's officially announced, but generally a couple months before Acronis releases a new version you start seeing these $10 deals for the current version.  That's the time to buy.  $10 for TI 11 and DiskDirector 10 was a good deal.

Also, there's often not a reason to upgrade at all if the version you have does the trick.  Many people are still happily running TI 8. A lot of people consider the later versions to be bloated, and if you're still running XP, there may not be a reason to upgrade if you're not interested in the new features.

Of course, if it turns out the new version has something you want or need and can't wait for 10 months or more for the next wave of big discounts, then $30 is certainly not anything I'd worry about paying (just wait a few weeks at least so everyone else can help Acronis shake out the 1st wave of bugs).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 12:09 PM by mwb1100 »

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 04:43 PM »
My suggestion is to by TI Echo Workstation (and purchase 'maintenance' with it).

It is a bit more expensive (though they will give you an upgrade price from the home version if you ask).

The maintenance is very cheap and can be renewed every year so you always keep up to date.

The advantage of WS version is that it is thoroughly tested and solid - unlike the Home versions which were always buggy (esp. in new releases).

+1 to this suggestion. My experience also (right down to upgrading from the Home version  ;):Thmbsup:

Echo Workstation is very solid - I’ve not had one complaint using it in the past three years.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 04:54 PM »
Just to add to the maintenance costs for the Corporate version of True Image (if you choose to take them) last Nov were:

True Image Echo Workstation application £8.40 (UK Pounds) + VAT
Universal Restore £4.08 +VAT

This gives one year of upgrades (minor and major during the 12 month contract)
Priority telephone and email support (and they do respond to emails very quickly)

Rather than upgrading to new versions of the Home version regularly this costs no more and is easily budgeted for  but you always use a properly tested verion of the software which is designed for the corporate market. If they screw this up the business will fold so they have a vested interest in getting it right.

As I said you can renew the maintenance contract every year - the only problem is they don't make it terribly obvious how to do that but an email usually gets an instant answer (it didn't help that last November they had completely revamped their website so that everything had changed).

See http://www.acronis.c...terprise/sales/amps/ for maintenance products and http://www.acronis.c...rise/products/ATICW/ for the corporate version of TI.

Before you upgrade to this version from a Home version I suggest you contact them and check the upgrade path works (they may have a different path to upgrade for Home user versions).
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 05:01 PM by Carol Haynes »

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 05:09 PM »
If you’re in NA, the rates are:

$16 for a year of TrueImage Echo upgrade protection (August 2008).

I passed on purchasing another year of maintenance on Universal Restore because I’ve yet to use the version that I have! However, I did have a maintenance agreement on it for a couple of years and paid $6.50 that last time I renewed. Prices are in US dollars, BTW.

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 07:33 PM »
"Live Chat"ing with an Acronis sales rep right now.  They are allowing me to move to Echo Workstation if I purchase Universal Restore and a Maintenance contract. That is what I want, so I am going to take them up on their offer.

gpetrant

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2009, 06:27 AM »
Love Acronis 11 (and prior).  First rate disaster recovery software for the home user with a typical setup (read: one OS on one hard drive with one or two partitions).  For more complex setups, I'm a ShadowProtect Desktop man.  Not nearly as feature rich, but boy does it make up for it in speed and flexibility.  Its tight integration with VMware Workstation made it even more attractive to me.

ShadowProtectDesktop
Shywolf