topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday April 15, 2024, 11:32 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: GOG.com End of the World Sale  (Read 3517 times)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
GOG.com End of the World Sale
« on: December 19, 2012, 02:46 PM »
125 games are 75% off or more for about the next 18 hours:

http://www.gog.com/

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: GOG.com End of the World Sale
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 02:51 PM »
That's crazy how the Indie offers are worth more than the Witcher 2 discount and the Riddick game but awesome.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 03:57 PM »
If you're talking about this one it may be worth mentioning that that bundle includes 10 games, whereas the Witcher 2 is just one game. Even at Indie prices ($5-$15 each), those ten games together would likely cost more than The Witcher 2 does.

Paul Keith

• Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 11:17 AM »
It ended so I couldn't check out the link but if you're talking about the ones with the spiderweb collection, I was thinking more about the work put into the game. There are multiple games that can have low graphics and there are the Witcher 2 that have high end graphics being one example. Then there is the Ultima series which are older low graphic games but are more of a classic than Indie games.

I don't know how GoG works though but that sounds great if the site doesn't bias based on title reception and perceived title demand so long as there's enough Indie bundles that were still bought through it. I was just looking at it the other way. If I was a customer, an indie bundle being cheaper in the list could make me considered taking a risk at checking it out over a popular game if the quantity looks to be a better deal. Remember these are promos, someone will still more likely wait for acquiring a popular modern title or support an aging classic in the future than go back and re-consider paying for indie titles in full. It was also an attempted side remark on how crazy indie prices work sometimes.