topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 6:23 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: farr latest version 2 where are the exe files  (Read 4609 times)

jong

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
farr latest version 2 where are the exe files
« on: May 08, 2008, 01:38 PM »
Hello,
I use the version one successfully and today have tried the latest v 2 but somehow it does not seem to always find the program exe file from C:\Program Files. It is often a url for the program. Probably something simple but I don't know what at the moment.
Also sometimes it may say found 10 items, but only 8 may be shown.
If anyone can help please, had to go back to v 1
Thanks
jon

d4ni

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: farr latest version 2 where are the exe files
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 04:44 PM »
Not a very clear story, but I suppose you want to say FARR does not find certain programs? Before I start to think about way too complicated causes let me ask you this first, the files you want to find are located in your 'Search Folders', right?

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 07:27 PM »
Yes, good advice.
I just want to add this : open the "options" dialog (right click on tray icon, and find "options", or click  on the "options" icon on farr's main window), go into the "Search folders" tab, and make sure that the right locations are "ticked" (%PROGRAMFILES% should be ticked in your case, unless you keep your programs somewhere else...)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 07:53 PM »
I use the version one successfully and today have tried the latest v 2 but somehow it does not seem to always find the program exe file from C:\Program Files. It is often a url for the program. ...

i just want to add to what has been said - try checking the "Pattern Scoring" tab as well & see if *.exe is ranked higher than *.url (see pic)

ws-farr-patternscoring-1.png

Also sometimes it may say found 10 items, but only 8 may be shown.

as for this, the items shown does not include all the duplicate links. uncheck this option and try again. Options>Interface>"Remove duplicate links to same target application".

ws-farr-remove-dupes-1.png