topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:47 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Would anyone want a free DonationCoder.com bumper sticker?  (Read 41211 times)

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Would anyone want a free DonationCoder.com bumper sticker?
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2010, 02:22 PM »
This might just happen in my country, but i'm guessing that if you use a magnetic bumper sticker, it'd get stolen VERY fast.

I think the best option would be the ones for the inside of the window.

+1

Especially if it had a funny graphic magnetic probably wouldn't last a day.

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2010, 02:27 PM »
hmmmmmmm, instead of bumper sticker, how about a blue sharpie with the URL down the side?

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2010, 08:17 PM »
@Deozaan: A bumper sticker would probably not be of much interest to me, but thanks anyway.
However, if you had a T-shirt with that logo on, then that might be of interest. Come to think of it ... if you photoshopped a picture of Angelina Jolie to show her wearing the T-shirt and just  a brief pair of panties, and used that as a model on your site, you could get really big on merchandising. The Japanese would be buying the T-shirts by the gross! Sales would go ballistic!!

(Takes small white pill and breathes deeply.)     :-[

Big off-topic: I had never heard of a Geo Metro Lsi before seeing the picture of your bumper sticker, so I googled it. What an interesting car! I didn't know they made 1-litre, 3-cylinder cars any more. I always thought they were a good idea when I first saw one in the UK in the '70s, but they seemed to go out of fashion. I forget the manufacturer name of that car. I probably would have bought one if they had them available when I was in the market for a car, but I got a small 3.5 litre Buick/Oldsmobile/Rover ally V8 shoehorned into my MGB Roadster instead. (Needed to be wearing my brown trousers when I was driving THAT baby!) Actually, I am joking, it was not scary to drive. Very safe and predictable roadholding - better than the standard MGB due to improved weight distribution (50/50) and a slightly lighter engine. Coincidentally, I am just now in the process of selling it (have owned it since I bought it new in 1972 and had it converted). It's a Costello V8 conversion, and I suspect that it is the only such one in NZ (where I now live). Any interest?    :)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2010, 09:39 PM »
@IanB: I'm not offering the bumper stickers. I was a lucky recipient of one that I received for free on the condition that I put it on my car and post a picture of it on this site.

My car is an old clunker made in 1992. It's falling apart at the seams, but it gets pretty good gas mileage. I also love being able to park in small places or turn around almost anywhere. :Thmbsup: