topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 10:08 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: TheBat, calendar and MS Outlook  (Read 6017 times)

jeromg

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
TheBat, calendar and MS Outlook
« on: February 02, 2008, 05:44 AM »
Hi all,

I'm currently switching away from MS software... After some research and some testing, I've decided to use TheBat as my email client (for both work and personal accounts). The only issue at the moment is how to manage my calendar. Some people (quite a few actually) around me are using Outlook extensively, especially to send meeting requests (which are actually emails containing vCalendar data).

TheBat has no built-in calendar application (which I'd love to see)... I'm considering using Google Calendar, but I've not yet found the right way to integrate it with TheBat, and especially manage as seamlessly as possible the Outlook meeting requests I'm receiving. I might also consider using an external Calendar/PIM software as long as I can integrate it with TheBat (through a plugin maybe?)

Anyone in a similar situation willing to share his/her setup?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers  /jerome

jeromg

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: TheBat, calendar and MS Outlook
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 11:04 AM »
I can maybe rephrase this...

Question for TheBat! users (and others who are not using MS Outlook) here: what calendar/scheduling software do you use in conjunction with this great email client?

Thanks!

Cheers  /jerome

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: TheBat, calendar and MS Outlook
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 06:40 PM »
I 'm still using Outlook. But very soon, when I'll be able to sync it with my PDA and when the Outlook-like Calendar will be implemented, I'll most probably use the very powerful SQLNotes. There's a big thread about it : https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=10432.0. And you could also go see the http://www.sqlnotes.net website.

I know that some here are using Sunbird. It's a nice free app. you could also check ToDoList, but there's no calendar.

You could also have a look at very good other (non free) solutions like :
- Calendarscope
- Essential PIM
- Info Select
- Achieve Planner

There's been a few threads recently about  time managers. Some of them (can't recommend, haven't tried):
- https://www.donation...ex.php?topic=11862.0
- Agenda At Once

Online solutions :

- Google Calendar and Goosync
- todoist
- Vitalist
- what to do
- Remember The Milk
etc.