topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:56 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Stickies 6.5a released  (Read 6349 times)

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Stickies 6.5a released
« on: January 17, 2008, 04:48 AM »
Zhorn Software have released a new (to me) version of many people's favourite sticky notes application: Stickies 6.5a

v6.5a
What's new since version 6.0c

New features

* API to allow integration with other applications
    * Skin language v4 supported (scrollbars, alpha drawing, suggested default style)
    * Typing [ followed by ] gives you a checkbox which can be double-clicked to alter its state
    * Several buttons will repeat if the mouse button is held down (scroll up, scroll down, page up, page down, dimension conditions)
    * A new GPO setting to log all network stickies to the server, for administrative monitoring
    * Wildcards are now available for use with window classes when attaching
    * Alt-space brings up the text context menu
    * Advanced AttachShowSystemWindows=1 ini file setting to control whether additional windows are shown in the attach dialog
    * Advanced AllowTransparentBackgrounds=1 ini file setting to control whether stickies colour can be set to the region colour

Fixes

* Some context-sensitive help was not opening correctly on the General options tab
    * Attaching using a wildcard was not working correctly
    * Storing an empty sticky no longer generates an error
    * Warning about using a skin with regions is now displayed correctly pre-Windows 2000
    * Stickies set to Autowidth near the right of the screen will now load back in their correct positions
    * Context-sensitive help is now set correctly for the Change Title dialog, after other similar dialogs have been displayed
    * Autowidth stickies now size the correct side as they're loaded
    * Skin button action "attach" now works
    * Tooltips are only created for buttons which have a conditional display when that condition is met
    * Attached stickies can now be rolled up
    * Sleeping for values larger than 99 would only sleep for 99 of that amount
    * MAPI usage under Vista will no longer crash Stickies
    * Double-clicking words inbetween two <<file://>> elements now works
    * Crash caused by restoring a closed sticky when it's only just been modified fixed
    * Crash when "Bring all stickies to front when one is clicked" is off, "Confirm closure" is on, and user clicks delete multiple times fixed
    * Searching for terms in the Manage dialog which contain [ or ] no longer causes a problem
    * Chinese IME drop menu "Candidate words" no longer closed mid-selection
    * Copying a stored sticky within categories now copies the text of the sticky as well
    * Starting a drag and drop in Manage, moving over the categories, and then not dropping onto a category no longer causes the category list selection to get "stuck"
    * Crash when opening a context-menu search term from the Manage dialog fixed
    * Pasting non-Western characters, and text from Office 2007 into a sticky works better
    * Sizing the sticky by the bottom-right corner will no longer snap to a zero width or height
    * Sizing the sticky by the bottom-left corner will no longer "disappear" the sticky when snapping is disabled

Changes

* Stickies brought back from store have a create date of when they were restored, not Jan 1970
    * Tab order on the Sleep/Alarm dialog improved
    * Blank stickies which have a title are now closed rather than deleted
    * Single-clicking the task-tray icon while the Manage dialog is showing search results is much faster
    * Context-sensitive help tooltips now use 8pt Tahoma, so non-Western characters can be displayed
    * Improved handling of URL launching when a <<file://name with a space.dat>> is present on a sticky
    * Exporting categories in the Manage dialog currently does so as plain text, not as RTF
    * "Green" on the Font menu is now green rather than lime
    * Font colour menu items text is now set to that colour
    * Styles and Skin dialog skin preview improved - no more odd colours around it
    * "Recurring" icon altered in Manage dialog to be less similar to the "Sleeping" icon
    * The code which puts a sticky on the screen rewritten from scratch
    * The "Double-clicking the title bar:" option now does only what it says, and doesn't also prevent skins from rolling

JaneDC

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Stickies 6.5a released
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 07:08 AM »
Thank you. Fine piece of software.  :Thmbsup:

muntealb

• Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 07:10 AM »
It does not have Unicode support, which is important for many users, myself included. I think that all the programs used for writing text should be Unicode compatible from now on, that guarantees a larger userbase.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 07:12 AM by muntealb »

Liquidmantis

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 10:37 AM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I was just on the site yesterday looking at the command-line add-on.

mrainey

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Website
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 01:12 PM »
I've gotten so absent-minded as I approach "senior" status, I couldn't live without Stickies!
Software For Metalworking
http://closetolerancesoftware.com

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 11:34 PM »
Thanks rjbull!  I usually check there regularly but of  course I hadn't lately. I started using Stickies in 2002 and first donated to Tom in 2003. He was thinking of taking Stickies commercial for a long time but I guess he's finally given up on that.  If anyone deserves a donation for a useful application, though, it's him!

Jim