topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 3:14 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Program to give attributes of a window (width, height, position etc)  (Read 4493 times)

k4mz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This may have already been done before either here or elsewhere but I have tried searches till I'm blue.  I love programs like WinWarden and ZoneSize, but to keep entering height, width and screen position values until you get the window or zone where you want it is a pain.  It would be nice to have a program where you could tell it to look at a particular window (either by title or class etc) once you have it positioned just like you want it, and then it report back all the windows parameters.  Then you can just plug the numbers etc into WinWarden or whatever program and be done with it.  Even better would be to build that functionality into those programs but I know thats another story.

Thanks!
David

tranglos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
When you install Autohotkey, a small program called "AutoIt3 Window Spy" gets installed along with it in the Start Menu. It does exactly what you've described.

AutoIt3 Window Spy.pngIDEA: Program to give attributes of a window (width, height, position etc)

k4mz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Wow, that is sweet!  You are correct, exactly what I was looking for and more!  Thanks tranglos!