topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:12 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: compare text files  (Read 31183 times)

muntealb

• Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: compare text files
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2007, 11:50 PM »
ExamDiff doesn't support Unicode ( http://www.prestosof...com/edp_features.asp ), for that you must buy ExamDiff Pro. So it's not a viable option for many people. PSPad ( http://www.pspad.com/ ), the free program recommended by me, supports Unicode.

brahman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2007, 10:52 AM »
Hi,

CompareIt! is really a great tool. Get the Vers4 Beta, it is very stable and has many more features, like binary editing etc.

The developer is also extremely responsive: I have asked for features and sometimes within a day or two they were added to the program.

The program is very lightweight on resources and easy to use. Does image comparison too. There is a unicode version. For some reason I remember the DC discount to be 60% not 50%, though I bought it before the DC discount appeared.

If you buy the bundle with SynchronizeIt! (and again use the 3.4beta here), which IMHO is the best all around synchronizing app, you save a lot with the bundling price on top.

Kind Regards,

Brahman

Regards, Brahman

noutters

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2007, 01:04 PM »
Hello! Nobody mentioned Araxis Merge. I ahve been using and testing many file compare tools and it presents IMHO the most polished GUI. It  can also be used as a dir synchronizer. :up:

The main drawback is the price tag. :down:

More info at http://www.araxis.com/merge/

dlagesse1992

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
  • someonestolemyname
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2007, 01:49 PM »
I second the use of PSPad. The compare function works great, and the rest of the editor is great too. My personal favorite.

liuxin4335

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2010, 05:08 AM »
you can try Compare++. The diff tool can detect and align similar sections, and find function changes for source code.
one screenshot

I am sales representative of Compare++, any question, you can ask me. Thanks a lot.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 06:31 PM by liuxin4335 »