topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:39 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Mahjongg Titans  (Read 15275 times)

devangx5

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mahjongg Titans
« on: November 06, 2007, 06:15 AM »
Hi All

I play Mahjongg Titans a lot  ;)[which is there in Vista by default]. I was wondering if you could point me to a similar freeware version which has excellent graphics and which I can install on WinXP.

I don't know if this is the right section of the forum to post this. Please move this to the relevant section if required.

Thanks in advance.

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Mahjongg Titans
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 11:27 PM »
Maybe you might like to try MyJongg II.

This is a classic remake of the ancient Mah Jongg solitaire game. Beautiful tile sets, different layouts, sound. We have written a Layout Editor too, and we will release it in the future to help you build your own Layouts!!! Take a look at our future release. Some features do not work yet (like High-Scores).

Seems like a very nice donationware game to me.

Just unzip & run. No installing needed. You can use your own backgrounds if you have any .gif or .bmp files suitable for it.

SNAG-0170.pngMahjongg Titans

http://www.cylog.org/games_7.asp

devangx5

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 08:42 PM »
 :Thmbsup: Thanks app103. It's a very nicely done game. Will be playing it  alot in office 8) ;)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 08:50 PM »
Will be playing it  alot in office 8) ;)
oops! Maybe I shouldn't have gave you that link. I don't think your boss is going to like me much.  :-[

devangx5

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 01:38 AM »
 :Thmbsup: :o I'll get my boss hooked to the game ;) 8) and we will probably see who scores best. :)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 07:38 AM »
Mahjongg Artifacts is the giveaway today (November 17) on Game Giveaway of the Day - might be worth a look!

devangx5

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 08:54 PM »
Excellent! Thanks Darwin :Thmbsup:. By the way, is there any workaround to re-install these giveaway's if I ever have to re-install Windows or even install it to other systems? ;)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 07:38 PM »
Excellent! Thanks Darwin :Thmbsup:. By the way, is there any workaround to re-install these giveaway's if I ever have to re-install Windows or even install it to other systems? ;)

I think the idea behind it is that if you like it so much to install it again, you'd just buy the software. :Thmbsup: I know that's not what anyone wants to hear, but it's really the best way to not have to worry about reinstalls.

Elf Wizard

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 05:32 AM »
Hi! :)

A bit late I suppose! :huh:

Take a look also at pysolfc (at mah jong games). Windows distribution don't needs any more additional downloads:
http://pysolfc.sourceforge.net/
Windows dl link: http://downloads.sou...ySolFC_1.1_setup.exe

This is my favorite! :)

If you have some time check also Vegard's site: http://vegard2.no/ .
Mah Jong link is at top left corner (or just go direct to free distributions: http://home.halden.n...kp/vkp/freeware.html ).

Greets!!! :)

Elf Wizard

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 05:46 AM »
By the way, is there any workaround to re-install these giveaway's if I ever have to re-install Windows or even install it to other systems? ;)

Sometimes, specially at games.
a) If you downloaded a single setup.exe, just backup the unzipped folder (eg. c:\program files\mygame). Zip and put it somewhere.

b) If you downloaded 2 exe files (1 setup.exe and 1 activate.exe), (eg. alawar games), run the setup and with the last free version of total uninstall, trace (only the registry, not the file system) the activator (a registry writer), for the newly added registry entries. Export them on a file and back it up with the setup.

Although according to their eula, this is a completely legal process, it is for users with some experience, so if you need any details (screenshots etc.), please tell me.

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 04:24 AM »
according to their eula, this is a completely legal process
In a matter of ethics though, i'm not quite sure that could be considered "a legal process"...

Elf Wizard

• Participant
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2007, 10:28 AM »

In a matter of ethics though, i'm not quite sure that could be considered "a legal process"...
[/quote]

No, I don't think it's unethical!

Ofcource software creation and server costs, are far away from being free for them.
So, if you downloaded a ton of free games (eg. from alawar), just go to their site and buy one commercial game, so you can support their company and show them your appreciation.
Since you'll do it, send them a mail too,  noting that you informed for their work, from giveaway site.

Just my thoughts. :)