topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Sunday June 16, 2024, 6:10 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Recent Posts

Pages: prev1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 63next
N.A.N.Y. 2011 / Re: That NANY badge
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 08, 2011, 01:14 AM »
You can go through the screencast post thingies of the previous years to get a full list, right?

The previous years are all still up...
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 07, 2011, 05:25 PM »
Maybe it should be:

NANY
Jan
1st
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 07, 2011, 05:24 PM »
It's you and mouser  :)

I was confused, but after enlightenment: it's all clear
N.A.N.Y. 2011 / Re: NANY 2011 Pledge: "VeggieSquares" - Children's Game
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 03, 2011, 09:24 PM »
Please note my NANY is already complete (as far as submission is concerned).  See "Last Edit" footer on my NANY page...

« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 12:34:40 AM by CodeTRUCKER »

Ah, my mistake then... it's because your Title still says "Pledge": it should say "Release"  :Thmbsup:

Now given....

You can of course keep developing your application unrestricted at any time after NANY completes (which it has) -- In fact we'd love it if you did! But for NANY we have to draw the line under the Event at some stage. All the screencasts and evaluations will be done on the version present on New Years Day:

I believe I have the ability to replace the existing *.rar with the new improved version as required; in fact, I believe that is encouraged.

True: the screenshots and evaluations included in the Final Wrap up all point back to you Entry Thread, so what ever is there is what visitors will get.

So any updates to your app are definitely beneficial -- The Wrap up gets spread to all sorts of different places so new visitors can come quite a deal later.

N.A.N.Y. 2011 / Re: NANY 2011 Pledge: "VeggieSquares" - Children's Game
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 03, 2011, 03:14 AM »
beside NANY finalization (end of Jan.?).

I know that we're being a little less strict this year, but I think that the end of Jan is going way too far!  ;)

You can of course keep developing your application unrestricted at any time after NANY completes (which it has) -- In fact we'd love it if you did! But for NANY we have to draw the line under the Event at some stage. All the screencasts and evaluations will be done on the version present on New Years Day:

I suppose we should say that while tonight is the deadline to get your NANY submission(s) posted and public, because it will take us a week or two to prepare the final page (and screencast videos, and make a press released, etc.),  participants are welcome to keep improving their programs in the interim.

The requirement is that you must have a working public version submitted tonight, but no one is stopping you from continuing to improve it going forward.

(keep in mind that the screencasts, screenshots, and writeups will be based on the submissions on Jan 1, 2011).
Quote from Re: NANY 2011 :: Official Update Thread
N.A.N.Y. 2011 / Re: NANY 2011 Release: Duplicate Photo Deleter
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 02, 2011, 09:29 PM »
I think there are already quite a few more sophisticated duplicate finders out there. I see the simplicity of this tool as one of its biggest benefits.

Yes: I very much agree

I suppose if the program were to gain any kind of popularity I'd go back and do a pro version.

That would be nice too  ;)
N.A.N.Y. 2011 / Re: Recording Screencasts of the NANY 2011 Projects
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 02, 2011, 08:54 PM »
AND LASTLY: If you are a NANY 2011 coder, this is your chance to email me ([email protected]) or message me any details you want me to specifically highlight in my screencast of your program.  Because these are really quick and dirty screencasts, I often don't do justice to the entries, and have been known to totally miss the point and fail to recognize genius when i first see it (like i tragically did when not appreciating the wonderfulness of timns' Twigatelle game in last year's NANY).

This is particularly important!!

We all endeavour to do the best we can, but it's time consuming and intensive and all the help we can get the better.

Otherwise we're only left with your entry's Description and Features...
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 02, 2011, 06:44 PM »
So, just so I get this right... this tool can't recognise scaled down versions? I've got some old messy HDs lying around, needing backups, but I know from memory huge amounts of those lack sorting and have been scaled down as needed so other people could reliably view them. If I could easily go through it all and find the smaller-sized images to delete those, that'd help with sorting.

If it can't do this already, is there any chance such similar-image functionality could be added? :)

That's right: it will only detect exact duplicates. The new EXIF exclusion functionality allows matching of the same image with different EXIF Tags.

Comparing scaled images would be neat, eh? I wonder if it could be done by scaling the in memory image down to the smaller size... but there's other factors involved, like the jpg quality used... I can hear Renegade saying that it's out of scope  ;)
N.A.N.Y. 2011 / Re: NANY 2011 Release: askapic.com - Photo Q&A Site
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 02, 2011, 06:22 PM »
Suggestion: Integrate OpenID for sign-in.

+1  :Thmbsup:
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 02, 2011, 06:02 PM »
v1.2 adds in hashing for pixel data and lists these 3 methods:

• Simple - Compares file sizes - Fast, medium reliability
  • File Signature - Compares file hashes - Very Slow, highly reliability (includes EXIF differrences)
  • Photo Signature - Compares pixel hashes - Very Slow, highly reliability (excludes EXIF differences)

Perfect!!!

Duplicate Photo Finder.png
N.A.N.Y. 2011 / Re: NANY 2011 Release: Ethervane Radio
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 02, 2011, 05:44 PM »
I was thinking something tiny (but with basic buttons) to tuck away somewhere: (see attachment in previous post)

I like that! There is some tricker involved in making a Delphi application that has multiple, switchable "main" windows, but I think I know how to make it work.

I like the existing window... it's just got more information in it than I'd like when I'm listening to the radio and working on something else  :)

(What did you use to design this screenshot?)

Knowing Perry, he probably just made the form (none-working ofc) lol - I know thats what I would have done....easiest way haha
Not quite, recently I've been playing with Cacoo:
Cacoo.gif

As it offers the ability to collaborate on interface...

Link to drawing: https://cacoo.com/di...ams/TYBg7dVsuVybmBla
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 02, 2011, 05:58 AM »
Actually, I wondered the same thing on FireFox
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 02, 2011, 05:58 AM »
It's a number 4  ;)
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 02, 2011, 01:18 AM »
More minimal? :)

I was thinking something tiny (but with basic buttons) to tuck away somewhere:
Ethervane.png

For those who want no GUI, why not make all the functions work on a rightclick context menu that runs only in taskbar.

Yep!!  :Thmbsup:

In regards to muting being global, allow the user to select program mute, or global mute, as sometimes you might wanna mute the software to watch something on youtube for example.

For radio you generally just stop it I guess  :-\

N.A.N.Y. 2011 / Re: NANY 2011 :: The Event Closes
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 01, 2011, 10:54 PM »
Apologies for being late!  NetLaunch 1.0 is now up. :Thmbsup:

No Apologies needed: You're #31  :Thmbsup:

31 Releases who can believe it???  :-* :-*
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 01, 2011, 10:31 PM »
There's also going to be a way to save and restore volume for individual stations - some play quietly, others are quite loud. It's one of the history-related features.

:Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:
N.A.N.Y. 2011 / Re: NANY 2011 Release: WordCaster
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 01, 2011, 10:12 PM »
Ok... so it's a bit late, but I wanted to release something...  hope that's ok :)

:Thmbsup: More than OK... we don't mind late  ;)
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 01, 2011, 10:08 PM »
No.. I don't want skins either or visualisations... was just thinking of a smaller window, or more controls in the Task Icon (and hotkeys?).

Hotkeys definitely - to bring up the main window, start and stop playing. As for the task icon menu, what else do you think should be there?

• Favourites
  • History
  • Volume

Is it possible to make the volume application specific rather than Global?
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 01, 2011, 08:59 PM »
Actually, I thought this year was one of my poorer efforts  :-[ (that'll teach me to try to do an Entry and Moderate...)
General Software Discussion / Re: Web alternative to Scrapbook extension?
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 01, 2011, 08:31 PM »
I seem to have used everything mentioned here and have whittled down to ReadItLater and ScrapBook. The sync between computers is an issue... if I wanted to do that I'd use SpiderOak to keep my two ScrapBook folders sync'd.
N.A.N.Y. 2011 / Re: NANY 2011 Pledge: Ethervane Radio
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 01, 2011, 08:20 PM »
More minimal? :) I haven't thought about it yet. Probably not anything like Winamp's "rolled up" style though, because it cannot be done very well with standard,. non-skinned windows.

I'll talk about skinning later, but the bottom line is, no skins. Standard UI only, that's what works.

No.. I don't want skins either or visualisations... was just thinking of a smaller window, or more controls in the Task Icon (and hotkeys?).
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 01, 2011, 08:11 PM »
The Favorites function should already work. Start playing any station, then hit "F" or right-click and choose "Favorite station". The heart icon in the status bar should change color, and the station should now appear under the Favorites menu.

:Thmbsup: That works!! Don't know why I couldn't think "F" for "Favourites  ;)
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 01, 2011, 08:02 PM »
29 Releases!!
« Last post by Perry Mowbray on January 01, 2011, 07:48 PM »
No Favourites, No Memo, No History... but I love it too  :-*

Will there be even a more minimal interface option?
Pages: prev1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 63next