NANY 2009 Entry Information
|Application Name||Tree List|
|Short Description||Easily create hierarchical (tree-like) lists.|
|Download Link||Tree List.zip|
Tree List is a minimalistic application for easily creating hierarchical (tree-like) lists. I find it's a good idea to break down tasks into manageable steps and sometimes break those steps down further. I wanted a quick and easy way to do this on my computer. Tree List is what I came up with.
- Create multiple lists.
- Quickly and easily access each list.
- Add items and sub-items to a list. Delete items.
- Plenty of Keyboard shortcuts.
- Tree List will always remember:
- The text of all items.
- The status (to do/done) of all items.
- The expanded/collapsed state of all items.
- The last selected item.
- Fully expand or collapse the tree.
- Filename validation
- Remember Maximized state
- Undo, Cut, Copy, Paste etc...
- Keyboard Shortcuts:
- Ctrl+Z: Undo
[ Invalid Attachment ]
01) Place Tree List.exe in its own folder. For example: C:\Program Files\Tree List\Tree List.exe
02) Create a shortcut to Tree List.exe on your Desktop, Quick Launch, Start Menu etc...
Using the Application
- Adding lists:
- Type a name, then press Enter or click Add List.
- Click Add List, type a name, then press Enter or click Add List again.
- Keyboard shortcuts:
- When the List is focused:
- Shift+Down - new Item.
- Shift+Right - new Sub-Item
- F2 - Edit the selected item.
- Shift+Delete: Delete the selected item.
- Ctrl+Arrow Keys: Move the selected Item and its Sub-Items.
- Space: Toggle the selected item's status.
- Tab: Focus the List Selector.
- When List Selector is focused:
- Up or Down: Load the next List.
- If it contains the name of an existing List: Load that list and focus the List.
- If it doesn't contain the name of an existing list: Create a List with that name and focus the List.
- When the List is focused:
Tree List doesn't add anything to your registry or create anything outside the folder it's in. If you want to get rid of everything, including your lists and settings, just delete the application's folder. Otherwise, you can choose to delete the application (Tree List.exe), your lists (*.xml files) and/or settings (Tree List.ini).
- Doesn't save properly occasionally.
- When you start typing a filename and an existing file is matched, the existing file is loaded and focus is switched to the list immediately. Unfortunately this sometimes gets in the way of specifying a name for a new file.
- Sometimes the wrong item is edited. - When using the keyboard shortcut Shift-Down to add an item, the item below the new item is changed to the text of the new item
- Probably accesses the hard disk a little too much, so you may experience performance problems if another application is accessing the hard disk at the same time.