topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Saturday May 18, 2024, 1:28 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Recent Posts

Pages: prev1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]
Hello @owlpotheosis, this is a perfect fit for our Paradisus software project to assist the fellows with our programs / releases

So what's needed is not a global "darkening", but a global darkening of extremely light pixels (i.e. a reduction of contrast on the lighter side of the color spectrum).
-owlpotheosis (April 28, 2024, 11:18 AM)

I have experience with altering the colors of specific regions on running programs. Extending such selective color-change functionality to the entire screen is the next step.

Your specific requirements can be coded to completion for sure

Cheers!
Vic
Hi, new here. If there are any issues with my request, please let me know & I will amend my newbishness immediately.
I didn't purchase Donation Credits yet because I'm waiting to get a response first, since this is my first time posting. But I like the principle behind this community -- which I just discovered today, in the midst of other research -- will likely donate when my next paycheck comes in, regardless, and certainly will pay for a simple app that can do the following task.

After a head injury, white & very pale colors give me severe debilitating migraines that prevented me from using a computer very often at all (which I needed for my prior line of work). I've found a workaround that minimizes the problem ~85% of the time, which is to use dark mode for all apps that have it, and Windows 10's "high contrast mode" under accessibility settings. The latter forces most apps/websites into dark mode. But it doesn't do it for all apps, or websites or images -- including Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, old cellphone screenshots with white/light backgrounds. These brief exposures still trigger severe migraines, can take me out of commission for hours, and thus make it difficult to reliably work with computers -- even if it I manually draw a background fill in Adobe rather quickly to cover the white, the time it takes to do so is time enough to side effects & I can't very well have anyone else doing it for me all the time.
Dimming brightness isn't sufficient, because it crushes lower values & makes it impossible to see everything on the screen. So what's needed is not a global "darkening", but a global darkening of extremely light pixels (i.e. a reduction of contrast on the lighter side of the color spectrum).

The App:
  • A systemwide override should take all instances of #FFFFFF (255,255,255) & the range to (170-255, 170-255, 170-255) and replace them (relatively) with 169. So that nothing on the screen is ever brighter than (169, 169, 169). This includes iTunes, all Adobe apps, etc. Just hobble systemwide the ability of anything on the screen to migraine me. lol
  • Ideally this only occurs when the area of contiguous/adjacent pixels all falling in this value range is greater than 15px x 15px. (White text on a dark background isn't normally a problem, for instance).
  • An on/off toggle/command/button (in case someone else needs to use my computer).

Considerations:
  • I understand images won't always display correctly as a natural consequence of using this. That's fine, I can't look at them now as it is, so I'm not missing out on anything.
  • A systemwide override may present a permissions challenge. Would love to do this in a way that doesn't enrage an antivirus program, but I realize that may be a big ask.

I have been looking for a program like this for some time & have no idea where to begin undertaking it myself, though it seems like a simple idea, in principle.
CRAP BETA 2.1.0 build 60 now on the CRAP Beta Download Page.

BIG CHANGE -> Reworked how button's are identified to account for some of the D&D changes below.
A smaller change -> When files are dropped it should now filter out files that are not of correct file extension.
Additionally -> Some bugs were squashed and hopefully are dead.

Due to the BIG CHANGE I was able to implement the following...

Added more drag/drop operations for buttons.

Main Window D&D operations...
1. Shift + D&D = Move a button/separator within current layout (always placed to the left of button/separator you dropped it on).
2. Control + D&D = Drop a button on a "layoutlink" to give the option to move the button to that layout if it exists.
3. Control + Shift + D&D = Drop a button on a "layoutlink" to give the option to copy the button to that layout if it exists.
4. Note that you cannot move separators to layoutlinks as they don't require data to be entered anyway.

Move to Layout/Copy to Layout right click menu items for the equivalent of the above.

Note: Even with the "BIG CHANGE" no changes should be needed on your side with this version but let me know if you find a bug...
All right, I've tested it a little bit and indeed the 3 issues I had posted about in post #133 seem to be fixed.

I've noticed however that in the "Start in" field, it appears that CRAP puts the path it imported between double quotes, and that seems to not work exactly as expected as, for example :
- Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction, when connecting to Battle.net, creates a BnetLog.txt file in the folder where it is started in.
If it is started from a button in CRAP where the "Start in" field has double quotes around it, then that file is created in the same folder where CRAP itself was started in
- The Dark Mod v2.12 x64 (it's a free game, get it from https://www.thedarkmod.com/downloads/ :) ) exhibits a similar behaviour, also creating its Darkmod.log file in the same folder where CRAP was started in
- Thief Gold, if its install.cfg file (that file basically tells it where to look for its resources) contains relative paths such as ".\", which is likely to be the case if it was patched up TFix (which is very much THE recommended unofficial patch package), will fail to run when started from such a button.

In all those examples, removing the double quotes around the contents of the "Start in" field from the buttons fixed the issues.

Now I didn't try to install those games in folders that had spaces in them, so I'm not sure if the double quotes would be required then or would still cause issues.
-ConstanceJill (April 26, 2024, 02:26 PM)

I will also get the quotes removed and hopefully those wont be needed for it after all.
All right, I've tested it a little bit and indeed the 3 issues I had posted about in post #133 seem to be fixed.

I've noticed however that in the "Start in" field, it appears that CRAP puts the path it imported between double quotes, and that seems to not work exactly as expected as, for example :
- Diablo 2 Lord of Destruction, when connecting to Battle.net, creates a BnetLog.txt file in the folder where it is started in.
If it is started from a button in CRAP where the "Start in" field has double quotes around it, then that file is created in the same folder where CRAP itself was started in
- The Dark Mod v2.12 x64 (it's a free game, get it from https://www.thedarkmod.com/downloads/ :) ) exhibits a similar behaviour, also creating its Darkmod.log file in the same folder where CRAP was started in
- Thief Gold, if its install.cfg file (that file basically tells it where to look for its resources) contains relative paths such as ".\", which is likely to be the case if it was patched up TFix (which is very much THE recommended unofficial patch package), will fail to run when started from such a button.

In all those examples, removing the double quotes around the contents of the "Start in" field from the buttons fixed the issues.

Now I didn't try to install those games in folders that had spaces in them, so I'm not sure if the double quotes would be required then or would still cause issues.
GS-Base is a database that lets you store any type of data: text and numeric fields, dates, long text memo fields, files, images, code snippets with syntax highlighting for 16 programming languages.

GS-Base can be useful for both simple applications like organizing your photo collections and extracting any EXIF tags from photos to find photo duplicates or similar photos, playing filtered/random mp3 files, or listing all your disk files, monitoring file changes and adding any type of metadata to files, to clean data, transform using regex, analyze multi-GB data sets with up to 256 million rows.

You can perform both simple and complex record filtering, searching for duplicates, for unique values and frequencies, full-text searches, find-as-you-type, fuzzy searches, searching quartiles, random searches and one-click statistical breakdown analysis. You can use unlimited in-cell charts to spot trends.

You can also analyze very large data sets using pivot tables with up to 256 million rows and 16,384 columns. You can use around 300 built-in calculation function in calculated fields, for data validation, cleaning and conversion. GS-Base can use from 1 to 100 processor cores when updating calculated fields and pivot tables (e.g. Excel: 11 data functions, 1 million rows; GS-Base: 25 functions, 256 million rows, full regex filtering).

GS-Base can filter text/CSV files of any size regardless of the installed RAM. With GS-Base things like performing tables joins, normalizing (splitting) tables, merging records are easy and fast, even for millions of records.

GS-Base can be installed on any portable storage device and used without performing any registry modifications. It requires around 10MB of free space and it's fully offline - no internet connection needed.

Home page (details, screenshots, videos, online html help):
https://citadel5.com/gs-base.htm

Ordering:
https://citadel5.com/ordering.htm
Discount code:  dc49824     valid: 4/26/2024 - 4/27/2024 (GMT)
Thanks, I'll download and test it ASAP :)

[…]
Note: Also in this version...I don't know if I should keep/remove but atm if the control key is pressed when dropping it will add all without the add dialogs...should I keep or remove?
Sounds neat, if the default settings it adds the button with are all right then I see no reason to remove it.

-ConstanceJill (April 25, 2024, 02:16 AM)

I noticed one thing myself today...in fixing how the settings are handled the separator goes based on the width of the button not the height in that build 49 when using a custom button layout. I will fix that.
Thanks, I'll download and test it ASAP :)

[…]
Note: Also in this version...I don't know if I should keep/remove but atm if the control key is pressed when dropping it will add all without the add dialogs...should I keep or remove?
Sounds neat, if the default settings it adds the button with are all right then I see no reason to remove it.
CRAP beta 2.1.0 build 49 should now be able to be downloaded from the CRAP beta download page.

Changes...
Hopefully the drag and drop bugs are fixed.

The start in addition textbox to all non layout link buttons. Along with various other tweaks.

Thanks for all the testing so far as well. :Thmbsup:
Just a FYI...I am currently hoping to get another beta out in the next day or two with those 3 items fixed.
Pages: prev1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10]