topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday May 29, 2024, 5:12 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next
MovieList-compn ALPHA 2 is released :up::

New GUI:

MovieListCompn_ALPHA-2.png

BTW, it also works on Linux!

MovieListCompn_ALPHA-2_Linux.png

Ubuntu 22.04 + Mono runtime.
Hello & good day!  :) I'm trying to having the program performing correctly without flicker since the very first release :Thmbsup:

WhiteEase_ALPHA-1.png

Given the nature of the request, removing re-draw leftover is mandatory here. The previous pixels need to be totally overridden in real time.

The effect of toggling pixels with timers isn't suitable. I'm trying different ways... better to give the program some more love right now :-* release to be made as the re-paint is proven right )
N.A.N.Y. 2022 / Re: N.A.N.Y. 2022 - KeyLoop v0.1.0
« Last post by paradisusvic on May 28, 2024, 06:39 PM »
This request is now "KeyStick" @ https://github.com/paradisusis/keystick

(Code was getting too messy with background input method + traditional method at once. e.g. internal KeyCodes are different. Having them separated streamlines things up :Thmbsup:)
separating content vs function words
-paradisusvic (May 21, 2024, 10:51 AM)

These are the function words that made it to the list:

a, an, the, this, that, these, those, my, your, their, our, some, many, few, all, and, but, or, so, because, although, in, of, on, with, by, at, over, under, he, she, it, they, we, you, me, him, her, is, am, are, was, were, has, have, had, can, could, may, might, shall, should, will, would, must, who, what, when, where, why, how

The processing conditions are:

• Two or more words in the title (this prevents cases where the movie is just a function word in the list, such as "her").
  • At least one word must be present after filtering.

(I'm home & coding! :Thmbsup:)
Thanks for the input :Thmbsup:

Added a new "collisions" list to the tabs on ALPHA 2 (program's GUI is enhanced).

MovieList-compn_ALPHA-2.png

Going to start pushing the code to GitHub rather soon. Just giving some extra love to app's details :-*

Cheers!
having years reusable wont help though. at least not that i can see. these are all different films with the same titles.

see the alice movie results:
Alice
First list:
Alice [1982]
Alice [1991]
Second list:
Alice (1988).mkv

Alice in Wonderland
First list:
Alice in Wonderland [1999]
Alice in Wonderland [2010]
Second list:
Alice in Wonderland (1903).mkv

its best to have a mismatched-year list.  or its fine to just leave it as is for now. year matching is not high priority. and i like the year matching how it is right now. :)

i look forward to next updated version soon! i am in need of this program more than i thought. especially because of the crash filename bug!
New version gets the option for separate mismatches then.
-paradisusvic (May 24, 2024, 08:33 AM)

Currently adding a reusable list of movie years, to set it once & have it fetched/cached for all the subsequent queries.

It's a small comma-separated list to edit by hand, with the format: <title>,<year>.

Next release should be very close to what you require.

(Almost there)
PublicDomainVic / Re: nkDot-corners v0.1.0
« Last post by nkormanik on May 26, 2024, 02:19 PM »
Enhancement Requests:

Speed dynamically adjustable while program is running.  Using up-arrow and down-arrow.  Increase or decrease the speed incrementally with each press of those buttons.  Default increment would be, say, 5% of the current speed.  Speed change only affects current session.  Next session returns to default that user has set.

Countdown timer, shown inconspicuously in the upper-left-hand corner of the window.  When time expires, the program quits entirely.  Resolution should be in seconds.  Zero-padded to minutes.  Example: 1:23, 0:45, 0:06, ...

Current speed shown in upper right-hand corner of the window.  Same font and style as the countdown timer.  Number will change if user presses the up-arrow or down-arrow.

No need for labels.  Just show the numbers.  User should know what the numbers mean.

Colors preference: Font = navy blue.

Red dot should not overwrite the numbers at the top.  There should be a small distance between the numbers and the red dot.  Perhaps 10-20 pixels or so.

Aside from not overwriting the numbers, the program can maintain corner-to-corner behavior.

Thanks much, Vic!

Nicholas Kormanik

Eye Exercise.png

p.s. -- Ignore the figure in the middle of the red circle shown above.  I included that in another similar program created with Python.  I included that star figure to better ensure visual focusing during the execution of the program.

DC Gamer Club / Re: Latest Game Giveaway
« Last post by Deozaan on May 24, 2024, 09:49 PM »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next