topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday May 27, 2024, 4:45 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next
Thanks for the input :Thmbsup:

Added a new "collisions" list to the tabs on ALPHA 2 (program's GUI is enhanced).

MovieList-compn_ALPHA-2.png

Going to start pushing the code to GitHub rather soon. Just giving some extra love to app's details :-*

Cheers!
having years reusable wont help though. at least not that i can see. these are all different films with the same titles.

see the alice movie results:
Alice
First list:
Alice [1982]
Alice [1991]
Second list:
Alice (1988).mkv

Alice in Wonderland
First list:
Alice in Wonderland [1999]
Alice in Wonderland [2010]
Second list:
Alice in Wonderland (1903).mkv

its best to have a mismatched-year list.  or its fine to just leave it as is for now. year matching is not high priority. and i like the year matching how it is right now. :)

i look forward to next updated version soon! i am in need of this program more than i thought. especially because of the crash filename bug!
New version gets the option for separate mismatches then.
-paradisusvic (May 24, 2024, 08:33 AM)

Currently adding a reusable list of movie years, to set it once & have it fetched/cached for all the subsequent queries.

It's a small comma-separated list to edit by hand, with the format: <title>,<year>.

Next release should be very close to what you require.

(Almost there)
PublicDomainVic / Re: nkDot-corners v0.1.0
« Last post by nkormanik on May 26, 2024, 02:19 PM »
Enhancement Requests:

Speed dynamically adjustable while program is running.  Using up-arrow and down-arrow.  Increase or decrease the speed incrementally with each press of those buttons.  Default increment would be, say, 5% of the current speed.  Speed change only affects current session.  Next session returns to default that user has set.

Countdown timer, shown inconspicuously in the upper-left-hand corner of the window.  When time expires, the program quits entirely.  Resolution should be in seconds.  Zero-padded to minutes.  Example: 1:23, 0:45, 0:06, ...

Current speed shown in upper right-hand corner of the window.  Same font and style as the countdown timer.  Number will change if user presses the up-arrow or down-arrow.

No need for labels.  Just show the numbers.  User should know what the numbers mean.

Colors preference: Font = navy blue.

Red dot should not overwrite the numbers at the top.  There should be a small distance between the numbers and the red dot.  Perhaps 10-20 pixels or so.

Aside from not overwriting the numbers, the program can maintain corner-to-corner behavior.

Thanks much, Vic!

Nicholas Kormanik

Eye Exercise.png

p.s. -- Ignore the figure in the middle of the red circle shown above.  I included that in another similar program created with Python.  I included that star figure to better ensure visual focusing during the execution of the program.

DC Gamer Club / Re: Latest Game Giveaway
« Last post by Deozaan on May 24, 2024, 09:49 PM »
i prefer just having a third output list with mismatched years.

Great! This makes things easier and more streamlined :Thmbsup:

New version gets the option for separate mismatches then.
no, i prefer just having a third output list with mismatched years.

relying on a 3rd party server will break always.
Thanks for the positive words of encouragement!

... the year has to be matched. but i do like that years are sometimes matched because sometimes movie years will be incorrect from filename to filename. a release date vs a production date or theatrical release date. so i dont know what i want here.

Are you familiar with The Open Movie Database / OMDb?

They have an API with a free quota that can be used to determine the year of a movie.

Free API (1,000 daily limit): https://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx

I've been thinking of adding support for this API. What do you say? :)
i forgot to say that i am happy with your progress , and your designs so far.

i look forward to exclusion ability for better matching :)

i dont need fuzzy matching first , but you kept asking so i go for it :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next