topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Wednesday May 15, 2024, 6:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next
Hello & good day @compn, I'm trying with an algorithm for word matching.

Repo: https://github.com/p...radisusis/list-compn

Algo:

1) Strip exclusions.
2) Tokenize words (ignoring all punctuation).
3) Sort by word matches.

Should give you hits that are the highest-matching per each list line  :Thmbsup:
All right :)

I also noticed one other issue: I have this RAM drive program called OSFMount installed; and I drag and dropped its shortcut from my start menu to CRAP.

It requires admin rights to be ran, so Windows' User Account Control window usually pops up when starting it —and it did so indeed back when I was launching it from version 2.1.0 build 60 beta— however, in build 68 beta, CRAP only gives with an error message « L'opération demandée nécessite une élévation » (translated back to english: « The requested operation requires an elevation »). The UAC window does not appear and the program isn't ran.
something like this except background color instead of text color. this took me way longer than i expected...

excluded strings: .mkv .avi .mp4 - ( ) [ ] dvdrip
list2list3
The Big Red One - Lee Marvin (1980).avi1980 - The Big Red One.mp4
The Black Cauldron {1985} ENG.DVDRIP.avi1985 - The Black Cauldron.mkv
The Burbs (1989) Tom Hanks .avi1989 - The Burbs.mkv
The Breakfast Club - 1985.avi1985 - The Breakfast Club.mkv
The Jewel of the Nile (1985) Kathlene Turner, Michael Douglas, Danny DeVito.avi
1985 - The Jewel Of The Nile.mkv
i have a list of filenames, and my friend has a list of filenames. we are trying to organize and sort and compare our lists of filenames. but the two lists are too different for most string comparing tools.

they have different filenames even if the files themselves are the same. some have spaces "the quick brown fox" while the other has . "the.quick.brown.fox". some have extra words that dont have to be compared and should be ignored, such as "the" "webrip" "dvdrip" ".avi" ".mkv" ".mp4" "x264" "xvid". said another way, an exclusion list of words to ignore.

these lists are just examples of the kinds of filenames we want to compare. i just grabbed these lists at random from the internet.

list3 has the year at the start of the string, making it more complicated to compare it to strings where the year is later in the string.
e.g.
airplane - (1977)
should match
1977.airplane

on the plus side, the strings being titles, will generally have the words in the same order. so for my case, it will always be comparing the same words in the same order.

example:
big trouble in little china - trailer.mp4

would 90% match to

big.trouble.in.little.china - review.mp4
1984 - big trouble in little china - interview.mp4
(best movie ever) dir john carpenter - big trouble in little china- subscribe-to-my-youtube-channel (xxexamplereviewsxx)

and it would match maybe 30% to

big trouble 2002 tim allen.mp4

and it would match also with maybe 10% (just "trouble")

The Trouble with Time Travel

an option to ignore any partial matches under 10% score or missing words? or maybe bonus percentage points for the words in the right order "big trouble in little china" but a lower score (or exclusion of a match) for "china has little trouble in big birthrates" because the strings arent in the same order?

for how the tool should look, i assume the master list on the left and then the compare list on the right . maybe with color codes on matched strings. with real time editing and addition/apply of words to ignore . i'll try to come up with a mock screenshot , but if you have a better idea i'm all for it.

option to copy and paste the lists in, or select .txt files.

as for output, ability to clear matched strings from both sides or only one side. ability to save non-matched strings on left/right or both lists, or only matched strings left/right or both.
A spreadsheet with unique capabilities for processing big data sets. You can edit large CSV files with millions of rows, XLSX files that are automatically split and merged, build complex data models e.g. with millions of look-up formulas that are opened/updated almost instantly and clean, transform, publish multi-gigabyte data sets.

* 32 million rows x 16,384 columns - the number of worksheets and subfolders is unlimited. No limit for the file size (4GB+). Large text, CSV files exceeding the 32M/16K limits are automatically split into multiple sheets and saved (then load/read/edited) together in one zip.

* Up to 500GB of data per worksheet.

* Pivot tables with 256 million rows and numerous data functions (e.g. 2x more than in Excel).

* Monte Carlo Simulations to easily estimate risk in business, costs, future pensions or simply to reverse-calculate formulas etc.

* Charts easily handling millions of data points.

* Fastest lookup functions using binary algorithms.

* Up to 64 cores used when updating worksheets and pivot tables.

* Around 450 built-in functions, solver functions with no strict limits of variables.

* All functions can access data from any number of closed workbooks.

* All functions can be redefined/rewritten by a user, and you can add any number of new functions (having the same properties as the built-in ones: automatic full multicore calculation support, "spilling"/array usage etc.).

One-time fee payment ($19.50), no subscriptions. Free new versions for 12 months. GS-Calc can be installed on any portable storage device and used without performing any registry modifications. No internet connection needed. Not tied to your hardware.

Sample videos:
  • Using a 2.37GB workbook with i5, 16GB RAM & HDD: 32 million formulas and 300 million random number/text cells.
  • Using the FILTER() function to filter 3.3 million rows.
  • Creating a script in GS-Calc to mass-import tables from CSV/text/xBase/xlsx files
  • Using MonteCarlo simulations to find sets of 100 numbers that add up to a give value.
  • MonteCarlo simulations in GS-Calc to find linear programming solutions.
  • 12 million fast binary VLOOKUP's in GS-Calc.

Home page: https://citadel5.com/gs-calc.htm

Ordering: https://citadel5.com/ordering.htm

Discount code:  dc39f21    [ 5/15/2024 - 5/17/2024 ]

Hello there.

I unzipped version 2.1.0 build 68 beta over my existing install on my home computer (which previously had build 60 beta) and got a few new bugs when using it to launch some (but not all) programs:

1 : It appears that, if the "Start in" field has the path within double quotes (for example, "D:\steam" ) then when clicking the button, instead of the program being started, I get the following error message:
Error while launching application.
Caractères non conformes dans le chemin d'accès.

That last line would translate back to english into something akin to "invalid characters in path"

I don't have the issue when making a new layout so I guess it's likely to only be an issue for the small niche of people who tried a previous beta where the Start in field was already a thing, or who would perhaps manually create such a button, but I feel that either the error message should be made more explicit, or perhaps the program should either automatically remove or ignore double quotes in that field — after testing, I can confirm they're not needed even if the program must be started in a folder that has spaces.

2 : I had a button with the following parameters:
Image file: <sysroot>System32\conhost.exe;0
Application: <sysroot>System32\conhost.exe
Start in: %userprofile%\desktop
Button Caption:\nCMD
Command Window: Skip
Ignore: Variable Text

With build 60 beta the program did run (albeit it started the program in the same folder where the shortcut to launch CRAP pointed it to start in, instead of the one I had specified in the button's properties), but now it gives me a different error instead (see attachment, the line in french would translate to "invalid folder name").
Removing the contents of the "Start in" field from the button, or making sure it doesn't use environment variables with "%", allows it to work again.

Another little thing: I noticed that, if the button caption starts with "\n" to avoid having the text appear too close to the icon, the "\n" also is displayed in the tooltip while hovering the button. While it's more accurate to have it show, I can't help but think it probably shouldn't be showing in the tooltip. However, it would probably be even better if the user could, under the global button properties, set a minimum spacing between the icon and text, so that there would be less need for "\n" in captions.
-ConstanceJill (May 14, 2024, 03:38 AM)

1. I have fixed in my local copy to where it should remove any sign of double quotes. (At launch phase)
2. Yeah it cannot handle environment variables like that in beta v2.1.0 b68 and previous but I have researched and made a small change to attempt to parse %userprofile% and others from the "start in" with no additional changes needed by you upon the next update. Also now checks to see if it still contains % after attempting to parse the environment variables and will cancel if still found after parsing what it can.

As for the last bit about caption I cannot tell it the space to use between icon and caption. Also make sure the \n isn't shown in the tooltip in button properties as I think in one beta it added them to the tooltip portion in a minor bug from the drag and drop as well and should be fixed though in current beta version.

Example of #2 when environment variables are parsed and the string still contains some that could not be replaced...
screen_05142024_001.png
Hello there.

I unzipped version 2.1.0 build 68 beta over my existing install on my home computer (which previously had build 60 beta) and got a few new bugs when using it to launch some (but not all) programs:

1 : It appears that, if the "Start in" field has the path within double quotes (for example, "D:\steam" ) then when clicking the button, instead of the program being started, I get the following error message:
Error while launching application.
Caractères non conformes dans le chemin d'accès.

That last line would translate back to english into something akin to "invalid characters in path"

I don't have the issue when making a new layout so I guess it's likely to only be an issue for the small niche of people who tried a previous beta where the Start in field was already a thing, or who would perhaps manually create such a button, but I feel that either the error message should be made more explicit, or perhaps the program should either automatically remove or ignore double quotes in that field — after testing, I can confirm they're not needed even if the program must be started in a folder that has spaces.

2 : I had a button with the following parameters:
Image file: <sysroot>System32\conhost.exe;0
Application: <sysroot>System32\conhost.exe
Start in: %userprofile%\desktop
Button Caption:\nCMD
Command Window: Skip
Ignore: Variable Text

With build 60 beta the program did run (albeit it started the program in the same folder where the shortcut to launch CRAP pointed it to start in, instead of the one I had specified in the button's properties), but now it gives me a different error instead (see attachment, the line in french would translate to "invalid folder name").
Removing the contents of the "Start in" field from the button, or making sure it doesn't use environment variables with "%", allows it to work again.

Another little thing: I noticed that, if the button caption starts with "\n" to avoid having the text appear too close to the icon, the "\n" also is displayed in the tooltip while hovering the button. While it's more accurate to have it show, I can't help but think it probably shouldn't be showing in the tooltip. However, it would probably be even better if the user could, under the global button properties, set a minimum spacing between the icon and text, so that there would be less need for "\n" in captions.
Android Apps / Re: Any chance to update WhenLast?
« Last post by Jedi on May 12, 2024, 03:40 AM »
My current workaround:
0. drop sync (at least for now) since I'm migrating to a new device.
1. Export entries from OLD device (let's name it OLD.json), transfer it to new device.
2. Export default entries from NEW device (let's name it NEW.json).
3. Using text editor (I'm using QuickEdit in this case, for its ability to handle text encoding) to do following:
3-1. Open OLD.json
3-2. Select all content.
3-3. Copy (into system clipboard)
3-4. Open NEW.json
3-5. Select all content.
3-6. Paste (from system clipboard) to replace all content.
3-7. Save NEW.json
4. Import NEW.json. Since the file permission is kept, there is no permission issue reading its content.
5. That's it. Done.

So it seems more like a permission issue.
Android Apps / Re: Any chance to update WhenLast?
« Last post by Jedi on May 11, 2024, 09:53 PM »
Multi-device sync stopped working when dropbox api stopped working.. That's probably not something easily fixed.
No no, I'm not using dropbox to sync. I'm using own sync tool option (DriveSync with Google Drive account in this case).
I suspect that it's JSON parse error problem. I can provide my cbsyncdata file if that help.
Otherwise it may be the read permission issue?
Screenshot Captor / Re: App opens in second monitor
« Last post by mouser on May 11, 2024, 09:50 PM »
It should remember where it was last opened and continue there.  Perhaps try starting Screenshot Captor, moving it to the monitor you want it on, then exiting and restarting the program.  Does it then come back on the monitor of your choice?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next