topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday May 14, 2024, 12:59 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next
General Software Discussion / Re: == Note-Taker Software--The Missing Piece ==
« Last post by Chuck7 on July 02, 2009, 08:50 PM »
Thank you very much for the responses!

I wanted to let y'all know what I've discovered since my first post on this subject:

For me, this feature (Hyperlink-to-Paragraph, "HtP") is absolutely essential.  One you get used to quasi-wiki in your info-manager, you can't go back--it is just that powerful!

The notetakers that support both moderate formatting AND HtP are Three:

OneNote  (Great Organization, Marginal tag support, only Basic formatting)
WhizFolders (Nice app;  Ridiculous trial: 15 days--with some features disabled)
MyInfo 5 (Now in Release-Candidate (not public), Great App, Full formatting, Excellent Tagging).

Chuck

(and nope, not That "Chuck" :) )
General Software Discussion / Re: == Note-Taker Software--The Missing Piece ==
« Last post by Chuck7 on June 21, 2009, 07:10 PM »
Update::  In the past few hours since I posted the above note, I had the opportunity to test WhizFolders.  Wow! ! !   Okay, I've just been testing it for 3 hours, but I am actually amazed by this app!  Not only can you wiki around within RichText, but the Jump also resolves to Characters::  It sends you to the (now-highlighted) Hit!

SOooo, now my question becomes::  Is WhizFolders the only multi-pane, Rich-text editor that lets you Jump to a specific spot in Another Note ???

:Thmbsup:  Awesome work, Sanjay!

Chuck C.
General Software Discussion / == Note-Taker Software--The Missing Piece ==
« Last post by Chuck7 on June 21, 2009, 03:37 PM »
Can someone here _Please tell me which Note-Taker (AKA: Info-Manager, Outliner, Knowledge-Base) includes this ONE Feature ::

In Paragraph 2  of Note-A you mention a subject Fully Discussed in the 24th Paragraph of Note-K;  SO in Note-A's Paragraph 2 you blithely insert a Hyperlink to JUMP to Paragraph 24 of Note-K.

A bit more data::  For years, I used the above precise Feature in AskSam, but I now Need to Migrate to a Two- (or more) Pane App that offers good formatting ability.

PLEASE Sirs, What App Links to a Specific Paragraph in Another Note ??!

(Note: Apps I have not yet tested for the above feature include MyBase & WhizFolders.)

Your Help will be Greatly Appreciated !

Chuck
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next