topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday May 10, 2024, 5:17 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next
Finished Programs / Re: TicToc Title
« Last post by BTJ on March 31, 2013, 11:02 PM »
Ho soooo nice. I could cry, I have it back.  I was constantly looking up on the title bar for the time or date. So nice to have it again. I like the format (Ddd  "W"week  "D"day    yyyy.MM.dd   H:mm).  When I am feeble minded which is most of the time, I can reassure myself what day of the week it is quickly in the title bar.

I am a photographer and when I want to dump a set of pictures to a client I use the day of the year number on all the pictures (ie D90 is today; file name: Sanders SKS4516 D90.jpg).  After the client reviews them and make changes I dump him a new set with the new day of the year number.  The day number is shorter than yyyy.mm.dd format and the client doesn't even know what the number means - sometimes a good thing.  I also use the day of the year for sequentially numbering document revisions in stead of longer yyyy.mm.dd.

I use the week number for accounting purposes.  It is sure easier than trying to tack down the calendar date of Monday of each week in a year.

I am pleased a punch with the modifications.  I no nothing about these programs.  I have coded in basic, fortran, dbase, excel (not vbasic) but have no idea what is going on there.

Thank you very much skwire.
« Last post by BTJ on March 31, 2013, 01:36 PM »
Skwire, I  can't thank you enough for looking into the TicToc.  I would be interested in seeing what the fixed size of the font but doesn't sound like much of a problem.
« Last post by BTJ on March 30, 2013, 11:35 AM »
Is there someone out there that can do the magic on TicToc Title code to make it run on Win7 64?
« Last post by BTJ on March 21, 2013, 02:07 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I tried all the compatibility modes but I still end up with the flicker.  Someone suggested recompiling the program but that's all greek to me.
Finished Programs / TicToc Title
« Last post by BTJ on January 14, 2013, 03:42 PM »
I have really enjoyed TicToc for several years on Win XP.  Well I finally moved to Win 7 64x and I find that TicToc flickers.  It flickers randomly about once a second.  This happens on a virgin install with only Firefox installed.  It is very annoying.  Is there any chance in looking at this problem?
Clipboard Help+Spell / Re: Date and Time Error MSGs on v1.18.01 Startup
« Last post by BTJ on January 16, 2008, 12:42 PM »
Seems to be working.  Now I just have to figure how to use it. :tellme:
Clipboard Help+Spell / Re: Date and Time Error MSGs on v1.18.01 Startup
« Last post by BTJ on December 31, 2007, 04:34 PM »
Yep this is the format I use in Windows
Clipboard Help+Spell / Date and Time Error MSGs on v1.18.01 Startup
« Last post by BTJ on December 31, 2007, 04:28 PM »
I found this program in Jan issue of PC World and decided to try it.  I downloaded the file and installed what ever version came.  I got the error msgs detailed below.  I searched "valid date and time" and found a post way back in 2005 09 11 by sagamal on the same subject.  I tried deleting the database as suggested but the Error MSGs still comes. :(  I didn't see any other resolution >:(.  I found the latest version v1.19.01 and installed it.  Still the same results.  I again deleted the database and 'them' msgs just kept on coming.

1. '2007 12 31 13:45:05' is not a valid date and time
2.  Field 'CreationDateTime' must have a valid
3.  Repeat of 2.

v 1.19.01
XP Pro

I realize that this format which I use in XP is a little unconventional but by 2108 01 01 it might be the common format.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10next