topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:32 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help  (Read 345362 times)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Multi-reply (SnapSuite thread)
« Reply #400 on: April 10, 2008, 01:59 AM »
As I type what is probably the longest post ever, here are my short responses to everyone - I tried to make them logical, but it is late here and I am not feeling well, but it should make sense.

I suggest using your forum signature to link to the post/site with the latest version.

I will do that - I put the notifications in my sig, but no link. :-[

I installed it and launched it. First impressions are very important. That's why your user's first thoughts should not be: "WHAT THE SMURF IS THAT?"

This has been fixed in 2.3 - all buttons are smaller (approx 50 pixels tall) and are wider. There is also a new "SnapBar" for common tasks.

I think I know what you're going to say, especially based on some screenshots I've seen here in this thread. "SnapSuite is intended to be viewed fullscreen." Sorry, but with dual 19" monitors, there is hardly a thing I can stand to have maximized anymore. Don't force your preferences on your users.

Actually - it isnt. It is supposed to be small to stay out of the way. How did you manage to get it maximized?

Also, I noticed that when I hover over some of the icons, no description help bubble things pops up, and actually if I hover over the SnapScreen icon, it takes me directly to the SnapScreen tab without me clicking or anything.

Program bug I found - has been fixed. Visual Basic set the code to the wrong event (mouse hover and not mouse click). I guess it happened while I was adding tooltips. :-[

Okay, now that I've finished talking about that, I can actually try out the features of the program.

AppLaunch:

I'm not sure how this is coded in there, but since I only have 3 of the applications installed (Firefox, IE, and Windows Media Player) I'm wondering if these buttons would break if someone were to customize their installation path for any of these programs. Then again, you probably did it the smart way and used registry information or something I have no idea about since I don't do this kind of programming.

EDIT: The FAQ answers this question:

Q: When I try to start a program with AppLaunch, nothing happens. What is the problem?
A: You need to have the program installed in order for it to launch. It also needs to be installed to the default directory.

Yes, I know little about how the Registry works - unfortunately.

In my opinion having quicklaunch bars for 7 web browsers is kind of useless. Especially if I only have 2 of them installed. I don't know how feasible this is, but AppLaunch would be much better if you could add entries yourself. Or, perhaps an even better idea, is if there's a way to detect if it's installed or not, just link to the application homepage to download it it if isn't installed already.

I tried this, and it didn't work out well. I'll put it on my to-do list and give it another go.

I also just noticed that the "Recommend a program to add" and "Help" buttons don't do anything for me. In fact, the Help button doesn't do anything for me on any of the tabs. I haven't tried any of the other buttons in the other tabs yet since I want to go through each section at a time.

The Help button doesn't do anything yet, but the "Recommend a Program" button *should* open your default e-mail program and start an email off to me. Strange - it works for me.

the buttons and things are too large for the screen:

Yes, another problem I found. I fixed it in 2.3. I guess I dragged the button a little too far and it didn't want to resize properly and I didn't notice.

Okay, so visual problems aside... I can't get this to work. I press F1 and it makes SnapSuite disappear for a split second and then it comes back, but no text is pasted anywhere.

Yes, as I said in one of the post above, AutoType is basically dead. Believe it or not that is the FIXED version - the original one was... a nightmare (to put it lightly).

giant button at the bottom that says "Clear/Hide your instant message history..."

I clicked it. I noticed an AHK script show up in my tray that said IM history will be cleared in 5 seconds. I clicked back here in anticipation and waited.

Gah! Another thing to fix. Didn't know about that one...what the heck? :tellme:

EDIT:

Okay, I felt it a little unfair to end there after all. While I was flipping through the tabs to see if the Help button did anything in any tab (it doesn't) I noticed some very cool stuff in your Support and About tabs.

About:

Pretty much the same thing here. It was a good idea to include info about SnapSuite being a part of the NANY 2008 Coding Challenge (but the image you're using shows a picture of Cody sleeping on Jan 01, 2007)
 (see attachment in previous post)

I couldn't find one of the 2008 challenge - I might use an image of my NANY mug though instead...

Then also a cool idea is to once again use the built in browser to show off DonationCoder.com and even the lovable (though currently migrated for Winter) WTFCody.com
 (see attachment in previous post) (see attachment in previous post)
That's a nice touch!

I need to do some bug fixing, it would appear. ;D

@ Brandon. My little head is confused about the very purpose of SnapSuite. I would like to encourage you to re-consider what the program is supposed to do. I am not likely to open it in order to use a painter, a musicplayer, or a text editor, or any other of that kind of programs - I have better options for this kind of jobs right at hand. SnapSuite has so far been branded as a smart and effecient way to keep my PC clean and healthy. What the *smurf* does all these extras have to do with a healthy machine?

Your head is so full of ideas that I truly must envy you!!, -but it may be helpfull to keep the ideas grouped / seperated, "one item at a time" and "each job in its own time", you know. Sometimes it just is necessary to "kill your darlings"...

You are obviously very talented, so I have great faith that you will write the most awesome programs. Now, kill some darlings, and Go Writing!

The idea is to have it open and do tasks as needed. However, as requested before, the new installer includes 3 new shortcuts so you don't need to launch the main program to access the internals:

• SmartBrowse
  • SystemCare OneStep Shutdown
  • SystemCare OneStep Reboot

So the main 3 parts (as far as I know) are covered right on the desktop (optionally of course). And there is a SnapBar that has common stuff on it in the QuickStart tab so that you only have to open it and click what you want to do.

One does get the feeling that SnapSuite is something of Brandon's Do-it-all repository for all things.
I think the next project Brandon takes on could benefit from some brainstorming and planning here on the forum -- maybe a smaller more focused utility dedicated to solving a specific need.

It is a do-it-all idea - just badly designed I suppose. I am trying really hard to get it more normal feeling, and less like a "box of stuff".

My recommendation is to create a suite of standalone, specific, applications where each one performs a specific thing.

That was what I did initially - but I thought it would be easier (and less clutter) to have everything condensed into one. Who wants like 15 shortcuts on their desktop when they can be one and just in a series of tabs?

Thinking about the purpose of some of these utilities, I see some very powerful tools being used alongside some utilities (er... one utility) meant for kids. The practical application of KidDraw is not very good if the child can also accidentally click on the other tabs that will mess with your registry or whatever.

Just think if Skrommel's One-Hour software all came bundled together. Every tool in Skrommel's catalog is useful. It's been directly requested by someone on this site. But that doesn't mean every tool is useful to everyone. Skromme's One-Hour software would not be nearly the success it is if you had to install all of them just to use the one or two you wanted.

That does bring an idea to mind... too advanced for me, but an idea of downloading "addon" parts and just getting what you want - smaller download, smaller program, easier to use... :read:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 06:18 PM by wreckedcarzz »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SnapSuite overview: What to expect, what is going on
« Reply #401 on: April 16, 2008, 07:17 PM »
This post will be edited as things are completed - stay tuned

I made a post earlier giving similar information to this but a program crash forced me to retype it, a task I wasn't exactly keen on doing, so here is a shortened status of plans for bug-fixing and finalization of 2.4 (still beta because it isn't complete, however).

First of all, I made an error some posts back referring to problems being fixed in beta 2.3 - this was somewhat false. Depending on your revision, the bug fixes may have been on your version. Sorry for any confusion.

On to the point:

• AutoType is being permanently retired for all new versions. I am very sad about this as it *was* a good idea, but too many problems have occurred and it just isn't worth saving anymore. It may be restored at a later date, most likely in a new programming language version (I am slowly working my way along the ladder), but it is no more for VB. AutoType and IMClear have been removed.
  • FastNote, while being fully usable, has issues with the undo function (see the SnapSuite bug tracker, http://incredisims.com/bugtracker.aspx, for info). More features are planned.
  • KidDraw is fully usable but more features are planned. Expect these either in a final build update or in 2009+ versions (more likely in higher end programming languages, where more options are available and more assistance can be had). Yes, I am planning on continuing to work on SnapSuite for at least the remainder of my high school years (3).
  • I want to more closely integrate SmartBrowse, but this cannot be done at this time due to GUI size constraints. I really do want to get the GUI size to at least 1024x768, resizable, but I have users below that resolution. (NOTE: SnapSuite may become a fullscreen app later on, but not anytime soon).
  • I want to add a quite complex 3D loading screen/animation - most likely in 2009+ versions (due to the learning curve of the software I need to use, and my utilizing it effectively and efficiently). It will stay basic though, as to keep users with integrated/low end GPUs running at normal speed (no lag/FPS drops).
  • I need to finish the tray menu (I feel like an idiot because I actually forgot this and had to read my todo list to remember what it was!) before SS goes 1.0 Final. A tray menu that doesn't do anything is pretty useless.
  • I am resizing and cleaning up AppLaunch (and other) images, and rearranging my personal developer setup as to how they are categorized (so I don't have double icons where I don't want them). Icons and graphics in general should look cleaner, crisper and less pixelated.
  • Also, if possible, I would love if someone from DC who is fluent in VB .NET would have any spare time to check over my code and give me suggestions as to speed up loading/error messages (there are no error messages programmed!)/things that can just be improves by different methods/etc. I can pay out DonationCredits for anyone that can help! :tellme:

Suggestions, comments, anything - post away. Feedback is always appreciated! :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 06:06 PM by wreckedcarzz »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SnapSuite program family/Free online computer help
« Reply #402 on: April 17, 2008, 02:46 PM »
While working on my DC sig, I fiddled around with one of my banners for SnapSuite. It came out quite nice. Might add it to the top of the website, not sure yet.

I basically took an existing image I had done and added it ontop of itself and positioned the various layers accordingly. The result:

http://img397.images...suitelogotestsh2.png

:)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #403 on: April 17, 2008, 09:20 PM »
While working on my DC sig, I fiddled around with one of my banners for SnapSuite. It came out quite nice. Might add it to the top of the website, not sure yet.

I basically took an existing image I had done and added it ontop of itself and positioned the various layers accordingly. The result:

http://img397.images...suitelogotestsh2.png

:)
-wreckedcarzz (April 17, 2008, 02:46 PM)

I hope you make it smaller than that when you put it in your signature.  :P

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #404 on: April 17, 2008, 09:50 PM »
I thought everyone loved downloaded a few MB of images on every thread? ;D

But yes - resizing will be done.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #405 on: April 17, 2008, 10:13 PM »
i am not a fan of 3d text.

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #406 on: April 18, 2008, 12:16 AM »
Back to the topic of SnapSuite - I am still making it easier to use and less clunky every day. Today's improvement: Combine the SmartBrowse and SnapScreen tabs to clean up the tab area and QuickStart. Less code too - and fewer items to load. What isn't great about that? :)

Also, all images have been sized to required dimensions and they all look really good in the GUI - no more jagged edges. Smaller file size too - from 256x256 images to 48x48 for most graphics now. :-*

A couple more things that are off my list - does anyone have anything to add for improvements? :tellme:

-Brandon

EDIT: Wow - I figured the 3D effect would make it more eye catching. Hmm...

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #407 on: April 18, 2008, 12:43 AM »
-wreckedcarzz (April 18, 2008, 12:16 AM)

It's definitely more eye catching, but unfortunately not in a pleasant way.

Veign

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Veign - Where design meets development
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #408 on: April 19, 2008, 10:30 AM »

3D text is a very old effect so it makes the logo (?) look dated.

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SnapSuite DcUpdater Testing (!)
« Reply #409 on: April 19, 2008, 11:13 AM »

3D text is a very old effect so it makes the logo (?) look dated.
Hmm... alright. I'll have to figure out something really complex without "overdoing" it. Tricky.

Anyways - I am going to test the DcUpdater function for SnapSuite (yay) :D and see how it goes. I think it will work but I am going to make sure that it does before I give the all clear for people to test the new version (that, IMO, is an absolutely awesome update over anything else I have posted - publicly or just for a few people/privately).

Give me 30 minutes or so and check for a new post - cross your fingers :)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #410 on: April 19, 2008, 12:01 PM »
OK - back from the land of confusion!

For some reason DcUpdater can not download the update file (the setup exe) - I got the error code and did some looking around and that didn't help at all. It may be a while before I get it working. :(

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #411 on: April 19, 2008, 03:25 PM »
message me if you need help with DcUpdater.

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #412 on: April 23, 2008, 08:19 PM »
I was about to PM mouser about DcUpdater when I just happened to decide to say ":D HI" to deozaan, and after a short bit of small talk he was able to find and fix the problem.

Good news:
DcUpdater works

Bad news:
You have to update, once again, manually this time - after you get the update, the DcUpdater functionality will be available (and working!)

So I am editing the DcUpdater file as needed and re-compiling with Inno setup, and will have a setup file ready later/tomorrow. You can get it from the normal STABLE release URL (http://mazecraze.dci...m/SnapSuite 2008.exe) (yes, it is a safe build this time around - I have fixed all the main bugs that Deozaan listed off, removed AutoType and made the tray menu (right click icon next to clock) fully functional. Along with literally a ton (if you could weigh 0s and 1s :P) of excess code.

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SnapSuite 2.4 Stable now online
« Reply #413 on: April 26, 2008, 01:42 AM »
Alright, the update is now live. I am happy to be able to say that the program is almost completed (there are quite a few things left, but read on to see what I plan to do with them). SnapSuite feels quite stable and I don't know of any major problems with it (or anything that would interfere with using it). Some minor things here and there.

Link: http://mazecraze.dci...SnapSuite%202008.exe

-Brandon

Some information that is quite interesting...
Spoiler
As a couple people here know, I have wanted to make an Operating System for quite a while now (no, I am not making an OS). I love Windows (except the registry, but thats another rant for another time), but most people find it confusing to use once you get into options and whatnot.

I decided to try out a new idea of mine: a "shell". Not a complete Explorer replacement, but something that novice (and somewhat advanced) users can enjoy, due to it being simple and having no extra "stuff". So what does this have to do with SnapSuite (no, SnapSuite is not the shell, in case your thinking that)? Basically, I put individual SnapSuite programs in a list of programs that is accessed via a menu. This, along with several other externally launchable programs, makes a mini-shell. It is quite simple as of right now, but as far as things go, here are the working components thus far:

• Change the desktop background (in the mini-shell, not Explorer)
  • Open (Windows) Control Panel
  • FastNote
  • KidDraw
  • MediaControl
  • SystemCare
  • Preparations for 3rd party program launching within the shell
  • One program showing at a time (although not a feature, it helps to keep memory and CPU usage down, and you can switch between windows without hiding them first (they auto hide). Programs never close.)

I also want to add the ability to turn off/reboot/etc, as well as quite a few other features (desktop icons, for instance). I am running completely off of ideas so far, but it runs well and is easier to use than I originally anticipated.

Codename: SnapSystem 2009
Planned release: Late summer/early-mid winter - maybe for NANY again this year, if it takes that long

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SnapSystem info update
« Reply #414 on: April 27, 2008, 07:23 PM »
An update to my above post on my newest program, known as SnapSystem (a mini-shell for Windows)

• I have added color options for the control bar at the top - codenamed SmartBar
  • I have added a fully functional CD/DVD (all formats!) burner (from tutorials and code snippets) - codenamed MediaBurn
  • I have added Shutdown, Reboot and Log Off support - an entry to close SnapSystem is also in the menu
  • Most current SnapSuite programs are now included - FastNote, KidDraw, MediaBurn, MediaControl, SmartBrowse and SystemCare are currently working exactly like their current counterparts (so no bugs, but still no printing either ;))
  • An updated icon finishes the work done so far

I plan to better organize programs and add icons for all of the menu entries. So far, so good...

-Brandon

P.S.: Screenshots coming soon...

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
(SnapSuite) Advancing to the world of the Web, SnapSystem previews
« Reply #415 on: April 28, 2008, 10:25 PM »
I went out today to the college down the street (literally) with my dad; he had to pick up some books for his Summer classes. After about 30 minutes we left- specifically, I left with a $100 book on VB 2005 titled "Programming in Visual Basic .NET" by Julia Bradley and Anita Millspaugh. I have read the first 60 or so pages already and am skipping ahead to the Visual Web Developer section in an attempt to get a rough idea on how I can build web apps. :tellme:

There isn't much of a difference between the 2005 and 2008 (I use 2008) versions, so it was worth it. I hope to learn a lot more than I know already, especially how to handle errors. :P

If anyone is interested, it seems to be a really good book that anyone can understand. It goes step by step (maybe a little too baby-stepish) and doesn't skimp on info. Each chapter has a glossary, programming tips, and a small quiz to check yourself over as to what you just read. :)

Also, for anyone that wants to see the private alpha of SnapSystem, images are available here: http://mazecraze.dcisv.com/Preview. Versions were sent out to a couple of people and I have asked about 5 more for opinions when they have some spare time. This program will not go public for quite some time. (And yes, I know that the SystemCare layout sucks a big one - I have yet to make it both simple and in one panel)

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
More SnapSystem info, new screenshots soon!
« Reply #416 on: May 01, 2008, 01:36 AM »
OK, I have a friend of mine that has been testing and giving major feedback and ideas for what the average person expects to get out of a shell. It has been coming along quite nicely - here is what I have done so far:

All programs are now aligned right to the edge of the window
There is a clock with calendar on the SmartBar at the very right - it auto updates the time (just like you expect)
There is an "Information area" now (similar to the Notification Area in Explorer)
MediaControl displays the current song name and how long it is in the Information Area, and resets when the song is over (same with videos)
There is now a Desktop right-click menu with about 1/2 of the options from the SnapSystem menu, along with a small sub menu for SystemCare operations (same as the buttons in the "actual" GUI).
The notification area colors adapt to those on the SmartBar, as expected
SystemCare's Custom Maintenance option has been changed to a new beta checkbox system, with info next to items that must be run seperate from others, extra info, etc

In addition to those (I have all done today) my to-do list has soared with about 20 new items, largely based on MediaControl, KidDraw, SmartBrowse 2.0, and a few small things that are based off Explorer functions.

New screenshots soon! :)

-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I am preparing to finish off SnapSuite '08, polishing off what is done and not adding anything more. The year is almost 1/2 over already :)

As I continue to learn bit by bit, I improve on SnapSystem (in case you haven't watched this topic, SnapSystem is the successor to SnapSuite 2008, ETA late 08). I have a new, somewhat attractive splash image - I took screenshots of all the current "programs" and photoshopped it into a large compilation. I plan on adding some drop shadows and whatnot, but this is most likely the idea I'll go with (see attachment).

I have noticed that SnapSystem (not the whole PC) will lag when playing large music content or (especially) video content on MediaControl. I will try to fix this ASAP.

I am also looking into desktop icons, and will add icons on the menus soon.

Anyways, here is the splash screen (if you zoom to full size, you can get an idea of how all the "programs" look in the new GUI). Enjoy :)

-Brandon

EDIT: It should be noted that the splash image is shown on top of the desktop, once the program has loaded. It is stretched to the size of the window.

EDIT 2: It should also be noted that, since most people here have not been able to test SnapSystem, the windows shown here are NOT individual - they are images of the various appearances of the one window (top left, with the red leaves). All of the windows shown are images of the "modes" of the main window.

EDIT 3: I am changing how it is setup, in order to save time and hassle, where the splash screen is the default desktop image. You can change the desktop image in a matter of 2 clicks and a file selection, so it isn't in any way "locked in".
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 11:50 PM by wreckedcarzz »

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #418 on: May 07, 2008, 10:19 PM »
I have been kinda stressed lately, and I had my external hard drive and $100 wireless mouse stolen from me today, so not the best of luck, but I'm holding out. S*it happens, right? :)

Anyways, I am taking a stab (in the dark, blindfolded, upside down) at an email client for POP3 (and maybe later on IMAP, but I personally use POP3 so I can test it). I am confused already and I am just looking for example code and tutorials. (SnapSYSTEM, not SnapSUITE)

SnapSuite development has paused for a week or so before I finish it, as finals are coming up (aah!) and I don't need to stress over getting anything done that I don't absolutely have to. I have a Media video to do on Friday that won't have the script for it done until Monday ;D

But just figured I would get some info out there, and try to get rid of some steam. Wish me luck :)
-Brandon

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A 3D Maze Craze may live! Thoughts?
« Reply #419 on: May 11, 2008, 06:51 PM »
Shifting courses back to Maze Craze here...

For christmas I wanted to give everyone at DC an update to MC as a gift, but I didn't devote the time and effort to get it done. I was working on other things and just decided to let it pass.

While I have mostly given up on making a 3D version of Maze Craze, I think it may actually be possible. A few weeks ago I ran across a 3D game maker (not to be confused with Game Maker, the last program I used) called 3D Rad. They have a _very_ limited Free version on their site, so I grabbed it and started messing around. I managed to make a 3D car driving game with a couple turns and jumps (the free version only has one straight road, so making turns can be just a tad difficult :P).

So I am wondering - does anyone have an interest in a 'Maze Craze 3D'? I would love to make a 3D version, but the full version of 3D Rad is $160 (4 months savings, plus I am 9 weeks in the hole with my mom), so I don't want to start saving up all this money and end up buying it just to find out that no one would care.

If your interested, and you can spare it, can you drop me a couple DC credits? If I get a few people on board I can go ahead and start working on it (Walt, my friend in Oaklahoma, is a good 3D modeler and is fluent in Photoshop/GIMP, so I just need to obtain the software to do the work in).

Opinions? Thoughts?
-Brandon

Loki15

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #420 on: May 14, 2008, 08:22 AM »
I know what you're thinking.. Could it be Loki15's latest post in forever?? Whoa! And I know the rest of you are thinking.. Who is Loki15?!?! Yes, yes, I am back, fractured foot and all!! On to serious matters.

Introducing the first character in Maze Craze 3D.. BOOM! The cutest little bomb you know.. He lures you in with his cute little grin and lovable big eyes.. And then BOOM! Its too late, I don't know why  I didnt model the ball (yet to be named) first.. Boom just came to mind so I created the little guy, he does have a 3D model.. But I might restart, the following picture is concept art, not the hand drawn type, cause if I uploaded that most of you would wonder if it was mashed potatoes or a smushed bird.. Lol. 

Once again, serious matters.. Boom will have a couple animations, walking, running (short sprint), and explosion. Anymore you think should be added?  Also, I will indeed take any requests you have for characters, I will gladly draw up a little concept art and send it to you, by email or private message, for your feedback on what you think should be done.  Please give me feedback on boom. :)  Thanks everyone.

-- Walt. :)
R.I.P Terry Winstel, you were a musician, a hero, and a well loved man.  But above all, you were my dad. Forever in my heart 1953-2009.

Loki15

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #421 on: May 14, 2008, 09:52 AM »
Here is a pretty horrible rough draft of Chester (Main character).. I will definitely edit him more in the future, no 3D Model yet, I'm waiting for feedback from you guys. Please let me know what you think. Thanks :)
R.I.P Terry Winstel, you were a musician, a hero, and a well loved man.  But above all, you were my dad. Forever in my heart 1953-2009.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #422 on: May 14, 2008, 03:09 PM »
:) Loki I particularly like de BOOM!
Tom

Loki15

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #423 on: May 14, 2008, 04:06 PM »
Thank you tomos. :) Any ideas of what to add to him?

Loki15

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #424 on: May 15, 2008, 03:28 AM »

:o Boom! :o

One day in 2D Land was far too long.. He was just squirming to become a 3D Model.. And thats what he has done.. I'm proud to present Boom in 3D, High poly and low. 

The low poly version can be found at http://i305.photobuc...Waltman25/Boom3D.jpg, 1258 polys, looks pretty good. :) 

The high poly can be found at http://i305.photobuc...5/Boom3DHighPoly.jpg, he stands at a mean 4520 polys. 

Any feedback is gladly appreciated.  Thanks! :)

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 03:32 AM by Loki15 »