topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday October 22, 2020, 12:33 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: N.A.N.Y. 2021 Pledge - Android App: Easy Custom Time Markers  (Read 190 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
This is a tool I need for my new boardgame youtube channel.. If it already exists, let me know, save me some time.

Here's the simple idea:

• You start the app and it just shows a the current time running forward and a list of time stamped items.
  • It should show a simple set of buttons that you can customize the labels of.
  • You push a button and it simply adds an item with that current timestamp and the label for the button.

That's it.

You can imagine the purpose of this tool -- it's to help you very quickly and with minimal interaction note things that happen while you are engaged in some activity, so that you can review the log later.

So imagine I have my phone sitting next to me while filming something, I might add buttons to make notes of when certain things happen that I want to edit later, etc.

So a key feature is the making of cusotm buttons so it's just one click to add an entry with a certain description.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: N.A.N.Y. 2021 Pledge - Android App: Easy Custom Time Markers
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 04:05 PM »
Do you mean something like a stopwatch with a Lap function, but instead of a single button to mark a lap, you have a choice of customizable buttons for multiple events?  If so, try looking in the Play Store for 'event logger' or 'action logger'.  It lists several.  Sanity check - I haven't tried any.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: N.A.N.Y. 2021 Pledge - Android App: Easy Custom Time Markers
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2020, 05:53 PM »
sounds like what i have in mind.. I'll look.