topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:59 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: X1 on Windows 10?  (Read 2743 times)

Dickel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
X1 on Windows 10?
« on: February 11, 2017, 07:12 PM »
I have used X1 for many years and have been very happy with it.  I recently moved to W10 but cannot get X1 to run very well - almost but not quite! 
Thunderbird indexing seems to run well, but file indexing takes forever and never seems to finish.

X1 version is 6.0 build 3565.  I have tried running in "compatibility for XP-SP2" where it used to run very well.

Has anyone had any luck with X1 on W10?  Thanks much!

michaelkenward

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • Broken monitor
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: X1 on Windows 10?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 04:56 AM »
X1 version is 6.0 build 3565.  I have tried running in "compatibility for XP-SP2" where it used to run very well.

That is a very old version of X1. (Talk of XP is a giveaway.) You may not have much luck in Windows 10.

It is now at 8.5. (Updated last month.)

But new versions don't handle Thunderbird – a constant complaint on the X1 Forum – so you may be stuffed.

MK

Dickel

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: X1 on Windows 10?
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 05:58 AM »
I purchased an upgrade more than a year ago, but not only did it not index Thunderbird, it only indexed the email on the ISP server - NOT the email on my machine!  Much to their credit, they did refund my money.