topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 26, 2024, 12:31 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Looking for smartphone  (Read 149437 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Looking for smartphone
« Reply #250 on: July 28, 2023, 04:17 PM »
the Nord N30 5G.  It was an enhanced N10 5G basically.  It comes with a 50W charger instead of 33W.  8 GB Ram instead of 6 GB.  The same 128 GB storage and the same open spot in the Sim tray for a micro sdcard.  Plus the Qualcom processor is a bit better.  The screen refresh rate is 120 FPS instead of 90.
[...]
I think it is a good buy for $270 USD

Sounds very good to me  :up:
Tom

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Looking for smartphone
« Reply #251 on: July 29, 2023, 04:11 PM »
the Nord N30 5G.  It was an enhanced N10 5G basically.  It comes with a 50W charger instead of 33W.  8 GB Ram instead of 6 GB.  The same 128 GB storage and the same open spot in the Sim tray for a micro sdcard.  Plus the Qualcom processor is a bit better.  The screen refresh rate is 120 FPS instead of 90.
[...]
I think it is a good buy for $270 USD

Sounds very good to me  :up:

Thanks.  There is a setting to keep it in High Performance mode.  Even with that setting off the Snapdragon cpu seems snappier than the old one.  I am sure the additional 2 GB Ram also helps.  But I have to admit once on the charger for a few minutes it seems to kick up a gear and the wait to full charge is not tedious.  I don't think it has gotten down to 50% charge yet.   ;D