topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:43 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: FLASH HELP ! Stuck inside and cant get out  (Read 7859 times)

questorfla

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Fighting Slime all the Time
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
FLASH HELP ! Stuck inside and cant get out
« on: September 03, 2013, 09:39 PM »
To those who know how, this is going to sound like a stupid question.  I have a website that is written in all html with a little JS.
A decision was made to toss in a FLASH section that displays photos.  I was able to get this done with the appropriate software.
The problem is, I cannot for the life of me figure out what to do to STOP the movie.  Once the viewer enters
that flash photo room, they can shift between albums of photos but nothing I have tried allows them to exit
back to the website.  I have been able to kill the whole thing but no graceful exit back to the page they
entered from.
The entry is via  <a href> to the proper "flash.html" file.  Once in there, everything works fine (I guess) at least it looks like I want it to.
But I know nothing about Flash in general.  I have tried editing the flash.html section and gotten nowhere.  <a href> back to index.html wont work
as it usually does from other pages.  I understand that inside the "Flash world" there are different rules and fs:command (quit)   Maybe?  I don't know why the people who made the software that created the flash module did
not say upfront "some experience required"  :)  .  I need to give my viewer the option to exit is all and it needs to exit back to index.html.
PS:  I am NOT a Flash programmer :)  Thanks for any help

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: FLASH HELP ! Stuck inside and cant get out
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 10:27 PM »
If you are able to give the link it might be helpful.

questorfla

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 10:42 AM »
I can try.  Currently it is only hosted locally.  I will put it up on GoDaddy and see if I can get it to work there.  Then send you a link

questorfla

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 12:14 AM »
http://www.greenwoodsearch.com/final

the g6.html file cannot attach due to restrictions so I zipped

questorfla

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2013, 12:31 AM »
Well!  I have no idea why but  while it still doesn't get he where I want to go, I am getting  different reaction.

First,  the address I should have out is http://www.greenwood...com/final/index.HTML

That gets you into the main page.  then as I said the Navigation bar at the top says Gallery.  this activates G6.HTML which I sent  zipped copy of.
 My last effort was a line that used the word HOME so that is the linked exit.  And for some reason it now does something.  it does not exit but it does give me hope  :-\

as it recognizes that I told it to do something.  <a href ="..index.html"<Home</a> is the format I used

I may need to modify that command but this is the first time it even acknowledged that there was a command.  If the click were to go back up one directory to the root, then run the Index.HTML that would fix it

questorfla

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2013, 12:43 AM »
OK  I cannot win.

the corrected ink does NO work but the INCORRECT link will get you to the directory of where you have to click on the folder "FINAL"
http://www.greenwoodsearch.com/final

that was what I out the first time.
if done that way you get two options parent directory and Final.  Click Final.  The  click Gallery at the top center of page.
then on the left side you see Album 1 or it expands to album 8 but right above that s the word HOME in top left corner,  I would like to make that my exit button.
exiting back to the main index.HTML on the homepage

sorry for all the posts RGDOT ...  I hope I gave enough info to at least get you there.  working remote through three system-links is harder than  thought it would be

questorfla

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2013, 01:12 AM »
OK  I will keep this one short.

THANKS TO ALL.  I did get this work. 
the problem was I forgot that using  zip file to send a directory creates a directory inside a directory.
I think I have been up too long  last 20 hours at east.  But it works! :Thmbsup: :)

if anyone has a similar problem I also went back and tried several other possible way to do it but the <a href.. as listed going to index.html in quotes.  that was it.  nothing else works but that works perfectly even in the FLASH movie page.

Thanks again to all

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2013, 01:20 PM »
So you were looking for a way to have back or home buttons within the flash gallery? That's dependent on the tool you are using to create that gallery, not strictly a question of HTML code itself

questorfla

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 01:26 PM »
ii'm just glad it worked.  the "tool" has no help.  I even chatted with the company techs.  They acted like it wasn't needed. 
Either I I am just grateful that what I had found worked.
Flash is an area I may try to stay as far from as possible,  too many new rules and regulations.  I may end up taking my daughter's advice and signing on to the WORPRESS bandwagon for website needs.

Anyway, thanks for replying.  Not many others out there,  So I will leave FLASH to the experts. :D

rgdot

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2013, 02:57 PM »
No problem. If you get to WordPress ask here too, I will try to help.