topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:43 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Actual Window Menu - 24 hour Giveaway.  (Read 9969 times)

pilgrim

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Cogito ergo ?
    • View Profile
    • Pilgrim's Page
    • Donate to Member
Actual Window Menu - 24 hour Giveaway.
« on: April 17, 2013, 04:12 AM »
http://giveaway.glarysoft.com/

I have just downloaded this and installed it inside a sandbox to try it, I am impressed.
Although some may prefer hotkeys this has a very comprehensive context menu so everything can be done with a right click.

I have most of the functions this provides in separate programs, because of the way this combines them it can require two actions to achieve what I normally achieve with one.
e.g. Alignment + resize, Sizer allows me to set both in one go (for x64 see HERE), Sizer can also show a program name next to the size in the context menu so you know exactly what it is intended for.

Having said that if I go with Actual Window Menu I could replace as many as half a dozen other programs. Resource usage is not an issue for me and I doubt if the change will make more than a few MB difference anyway.

I shall definitely consider installing this permanently in the coming days.
I spent 25 years training to be an eccentric then I woke up one morning and realised that I'd cracked it.
I've not had to try since.

I wonder what happens if I click on thi

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Actual Window Menu - 24 hour Giveaway.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 04:53 AM »
Very nice! Thank you pilgrim  :) Installing now... I used to use DM2 (portable version) but it's quite dated, and I'm quite impressed by another software product from Actual (Actual Multiple Monitors), so this will probably be a very useful app.

Thanks again!
The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 04:55 AM »
sounds good,
homepage is http://www.actualtools.com/windowmenu/

Actual Window Menu adds several menu items to standard window menu accessible via application icon in the title bar. Among new commands are: Roll Up \ Unroll window, Set window transparency, change program priority, minimize to task tray and always keep window on top.
Tom

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 06:11 AM »
Just a heads up: The giveaway is not the latest version (which is 7.5.1) but 7.4.3.

No, you do not get to update for free :P So you should disable automatic update checking if you decide to use/keep this giveaway deal.

You can update to the latest version by downloading from official website and just running the setup (make sure you reg with the "glary" details beforehand)
The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

pilgrim

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Cogito ergo ?
    • View Profile
    • Pilgrim's Page
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 06:20 AM »
(make sure you reg with the "glary" details beforehand)

? ? ?
I spent 25 years training to be an eccentric then I woke up one morning and realised that I'd cracked it.

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 06:34 AM »
(make sure you reg with the "glary" details beforehand)

? ? ?

hehe, the giveaway has some reg info to register the soft... you didn't know? Is this giveaway legit? :P

pilgrim

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Cogito ergo ?
    • View Profile
    • Pilgrim's Page
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 06:53 AM »
hehe, the giveaway has some reg info to register the soft... you didn't know? Is this giveaway legit? :P

You misunderstood my reply.

Yes the giveaway is legit, Glarysoft have been offering daily giveaways since 5th November last year.

A lot of giveaways have restrictions about installation or re-installation that 'ain't necessarily so'.
I'm not talking about hacking or anything like that but simply looking at what you actually get in the 'giveaway' download and considering possible options.

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 06:59 AM »
Okay, but why the "? ? ? "? What don't you understand about my previous post?

pilgrim

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Cogito ergo ?
    • View Profile
    • Pilgrim's Page
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 07:11 AM »
Sorry, it was my way of questioning the part that I quoted. :-[

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 08:06 AM »
You can update to the latest version by downloading from official website and just running the setup (make sure you reg with the "glary" details beforehand)

well,
I dont understand your post, so I'll ask a few questions :)

1) do you mean I can somehow register with Glary pre-install - then just install the most recent version from site (?)
2) do I have to register with 'Glary' in order to use the software ? (I've donwloaded already but not installed)
3) or are you talking about getting the details from the registry ?!?
Tom

edbro

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 11:24 AM »
An always free alternative:
http://www.premeforwindows.com/

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 09:54 PM »

well,
I dont understand your post, so I'll ask a few questions :)

1) do you mean I can somehow register with Glary pre-install - then just install the most recent version from site (?)
2) do I have to register with 'Glary' in order to use the software ? (I've donwloaded already but not installed)
3) or are you talking about getting the details from the registry ?!?

Let me address your questions as simply as possible:

1) No
2) No
3) No

The software is a giveaway, and usually its a full version (non-crippled) bundled with a text file containing registration name and code for the giveaway. Once you install the software, you need to use the registration name and code (in this case, the registration name is "glary" and the code is also in the text file) which is bundled.

Once you've registered the software with the provided reg/registration info, then you can update it by downloading the latest version from the official website and just installing it. It will retain the registration info. (If you try to update within the software itself it will fail for some reason - so just grab the latest version from the official site)

:)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 04:36 AM »
^gotcha - many thanks mitzevo :Thmbsup:
Tom