topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 8:54 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: could two numeric keypads work at the same time  (Read 40209 times)

Perry Mowbray

• N.A.N.Y. Organizer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: could two numeric keypads work at the same time
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2010, 05:23 AM »
I know you probably didn't mean to, but you just made me laugh  :D

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2010, 08:24 AM »
retards.
Yes, but kind retards!

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2010, 08:36 AM »
"retards" was the kindest way i could put it.

i didn't mention that their hotkey manager doesn't accept combinations like Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12. well, it accepts everything up until the F key. so, quite frankly, i think they can just go an F off.

sorry.

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2010, 11:14 AM »
 ;D ;D

Always glad to see a happy user  :Thmbsup:

I'm glad I decided NOT to buy one, I much prefer the pain to be yours.
Thanks for sharing!

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2010, 12:04 PM »
I've just started to (seriously) "program" the Sidewinder keyboard - which means the Intellitype key/macro manager needs a lot of help to make it usable. Help from something like autohotkey, of course.

I'd been putting this off for a while as i didn't want to reinvent the wheel - i was sure someone would have worked out a good solution for utilising autohotkey with the sidewinder. and so they have...

http://terrylurie.co...cle.php?articleId=12

this is, pretty much, everything the Sidewinder (with Intellitype) keyboard should have been able to do out of the box.

Terry Lurie, has come up with a clever way of adding virtual keys into the registry which can then hook into autohotkey commands. i think that is pretty amazing. there won't be any conflict with hotkey combinations you may already use (or, at least, what you system uses), and autohotkey gives you the power to do what you like (within autohotkey's universe).

this find has made the Sidewinder the ultimate macro keyboard that i so wanted. (i've still got the spare faulty sidewinder keyboard too - i'm tempted to plug it in and double the insane macro hotkey fun.)

(so, Chris, it might be time to consider a sidewinder after all.)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2010, 04:05 AM »
What about something like this? (I don't think this one is back-lit though)

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2010, 04:25 AM »
yes, something like that - but with illuminated keys  :)

I'd already looked at the Evoluent before getting the Sidewinder. One advantage it has over the Sidewinder, is that it has even more room for a right handed mouse user - as the cursor and home keys are moved from their standard location.

But, i do find that i quite like using the cursor keys at the expected keyboard location - they are the sort of keys i use without looking at or thinking about - it's all by habit. so, if they weren't in their typical place, i might find it annoying. which means i'd not risk getting the Evoluent - well, i would risk it if it had illuminated keys, i wouldn't be able to resist trying it.

app103

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2010, 04:56 AM »
But, i do find that i quite like using the cursor keys at the expected keyboard location - they are the sort of keys i use without looking at or thinking about - it's all by habit. so, if they weren't in their typical place, i might find it annoying. which means i'd not risk getting the Evoluent - well, i would risk it if it had illuminated keys, i wouldn't be able to resist trying it.

I think all of their products take some getting used to, retraining new habits to replace the old. I noticed with my mouse that I have developed some habits that don't carry over to other (normal) mice and/or operating systems too well. Now I am annoyed when I have to live without all the features of my Evoluent mouse or when the OS doesn't support it fully and assigns different functions (forward/back) to my "copy/paste" buttons*.

*select text on a web page, click thumb button to copy...wait a min...what's it doing? ahhhhh! Now I am not on that page any more  :(

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2010, 05:07 AM »
umm, i know what you mean. at least, you can be thankful that your own machine is set up "just right". using other computers without my hotkeys installed does just make me think how glad i'll be to get back on my own machine.

app103

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #84 on: August 25, 2010, 05:10 AM »
umm, i know what you mean. at least, you can be thankful that your own machine is set up "just right". using other computers without my hotkeys installed does just make me think how glad i'll be to get back on my own machine.

I wish! I have a dual boot machine and I can't make heads or tails about how to get the mouse to work the way I want under Ubuntu, which makes me more than happy to reboot to Windows.