topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Saturday March 30, 2024, 4:09 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: What's your "Autism Quotient"?  (Read 22832 times)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: What's your "Autism Quotient"?
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2006, 06:01 AM »
Excellent point Carol and that's why I suspect my real score would be higher. For most questions it was clear what direction the different answers would push you towards.

It wasn't clear to me on most questions...only the ones having something to do with numbers.

and I have been wondering what my score would have been if I wasn't dyscalculic.  :huh:

I just answered them honestly. Why would one be tempted to do otherwise on a test like this? I can't see any benefit to getting a higher score...or a lower one.

and for what it's worth, I am kind of bothered by my score, how high it is.

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2006, 06:25 AM »
I am not saying anyone would consciously set out to deceive (as you say that would be pointless) but I found that reading the questions I became aware that I was considering what was my actual response and what I thought the 'right' answer was (whatever 'right' means in this case). It was at a purely subsconscious level but I became aware that I was 'playing a game' with myself after the first few questions and after that tried to answer the questions from the gut rather than thinking about the answers. This probably says a lot about the way my mind works in itself !!!

Te trouble is that all multiple choice questionnaires tend to have this effect on me and I wondered if other people had similar difficulties in answering them in a detached manner.

Eóin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2006, 06:43 AM »
Ok so I took the test again trying to be as honest as possible and this time scored 10 :huh:

That surprised me as I suspected the first time I was picking answers that would steer me away from the higher end of the spectrum.

A question for any psychologists in the house- Regarding the two questions about playing pretend as a child, what age do you think they were referring to and does having enjoyed playing pretend push you in the direction of autism or away from it?

Carol Haynes

• Waffles for England (patent pending)
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2006, 07:40 AM »
I would guess 'pretend games' would push you away from the autism scale because a characteristic of autism is the inability to see the world from another person's point of view - a pre-requisite for pretending.

Ruffnekk

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Uhm yeah...
    • View Profile
    • RuffNekk's Crypto Pages
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2006, 07:50 AM »
That could explain my ‘bad’ score. I’m pretty much unable to pretend I’m someone else.
Regards,
RuffNekk

Programming is an art form that fights back.