topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 5:13 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: IDEA: Keep Quiet  (Read 9463 times)

mohamedm

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
IDEA: Keep Quiet
« on: January 13, 2010, 05:25 AM »
Hi!

I have that idea of a program, I don't know if it exists because I don't know the proper terms to search for.  it is very simple but it would be very useful to have.  the idea is of a program which listens to a MIC (any microphone), if the sound gets beyond a certain level (above environmental noise), it runs an audio file (it could be a WAVE, no need for an MP3 decoder), and wait for the next elevation in sound level.  that's it.

Thank you.

mohamedm

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IDEA: Keep Quiet
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 06:22 AM »
Lots of views but no responses.  :(  does it exist already (what is its name?)? or is it hard to make or what?

awopbamboo

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 07:44 AM »
Hi,

I can't seem to find anything that does what you specifically want to do.  Is it hard to write?  I don't think so.  I'm happy to give it a spin.  I won't be able to start until tomorrow night though (don't have a mic on my pc at work, so will have to wait until tomorrrow evening when I'm at home).

Out of interest, what do you plan to use it for?

Cheers

mohamedm

• Participant
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 12:03 PM »
I'm happy to give it a spin.
Thank you!

I won't be able to start until tomorrow night though (don't have a mic on my pc at work, so will have to wait until tomorrrow evening when I'm at home).
Sorry for the trouble.

Out of interest, what do you plan to use it for?
I'm going to suggest using it in a library I go to.  guys sitting there tend to raise their voices (and goes away any concentration...) until somebody reminds them to lower it.  this should automate the reminder.