topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:50 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: IE8 on the loose!  (Read 22923 times)

nosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: IE8 on the loose!
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2009, 08:18 AM »
feeddemon3.png

This just popped up in FeedDemon as I read this thread...

The upcoming FeedDemon 3.0 release will even have Google Reader synchronization meaning that you can don’t have to switch but can use both the services simultaneously. Any changes (like subscribing to new feeds, marking items as read, etc.) that you make in FeedDemon will be made available in Google Reader and vice-versa.

And it’s not just about synching feeds. Some of the native Google Reader features like sharing with notes and keyboard shortcuts are also expected in FeedDemon 3, the first beta of which is expected next week according to this tweet from Nick.
[DI]

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2009, 08:30 AM »
Thanks for the screenshot, Dirhael  :Thmbsup: If I recall correctly, there was a bit of a brouhaha when 2.8 was announced and the response was that a future release would allow users (possibly users who had purchased FeedDemon in the past?) to disable the ads. I wonder if FeedDemon 3 will be such a beast...?

At any rate, the ad pane is very small, so if I AM forced (or motivated) to update in the future it shouldn't be too bad!

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2009, 06:05 PM »
Dirhael - would you be willing to post a screen shot of how bad FeedDemon looks with northmay.com blocked? I’m quite happy where I am but if, in future, I decide to update it would be nice to have some control over what the GUI looks like...

Absolutely, here's a screenshot for you :)
 (see attachment in previous post)
Right now I am OK with 2.7. Google Reader doesn't do anything at all for me, so I won't miss that integration in 2.8.

Thanks!

Jim

I don't use Google Reader all that much either, but it's fantastic for reading feeds on mobile browsers seeing as it can also adapt linked pages for viewing on such devices.

Actually I use Feedemon for Blackberry. I was a beta tester for Feedemon for Windows Mobile and was given both mobile versions free when they were released. I don't even know if they are offering those anymore. All of my Newsgator feeds are synched to my BB and if I want I can open the web page for any article.

Jim

Dirhael

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • defreitas.no
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 08:30 PM »
Dirhael - would you be willing to post a screen shot of how bad FeedDemon looks with northmay.com blocked? I’m quite happy where I am but if, in future, I decide to update it would be nice to have some control over what the GUI looks like...

Absolutely, here's a screenshot for you :)
 (see attachment in previous post)
Right now I am OK with 2.7. Google Reader doesn't do anything at all for me, so I won't miss that integration in 2.8.

Thanks!

Jim

I don't use Google Reader all that much either, but it's fantastic for reading feeds on mobile browsers seeing as it can also adapt linked pages for viewing on such devices.

Actually I use Feedemon for Blackberry. I was a beta tester for Feedemon for Windows Mobile and was given both mobile versions free when they were released. I don't even know if they are offering those anymore. All of my Newsgator feeds are synched to my BB and if I want I can open the web page for any article.

Jim

Well, one could always use the mobile web reader for Newsgator ( http://m.newsgator.com ) but that doesn't really give me what I'm using Google Reader for on my mobiles & PSP. The thing is, both services will offer the content of the feeds well formatted for the smaller screens, but the only reason I prefer GR for this is that if a RSS article links to a site, let's say a topic here on DonationCoder, that page will also be adapted for the mobile device. It's not always perfect, but it usually works quite well.
Registered nurse by day, hobby programmer by night.