topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 5:18 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: The New (And Improved?) VLC  (Read 41346 times)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: The New (And Improved?) VLC
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2009, 09:21 PM »
yes, truth be told. i sometimes use KMPlayer due to it being a bit more user-friendly. ;)

ak_

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • wopah
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2009, 04:53 AM »
Personnally, i don't use VLC, i think GOM Player is better. But my girlfriend uses a Mac and it seems that the best choice on Mac OSX is VLC.

About the thing i said about subtitles drag n drop : i take it back, i tested VLC 1.0 and it's working now :)

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2009, 05:41 AM »
Actually, I refuse to use any media player that cannot be controlled via global hotkeys. The AHK scripts I had created once were buggy and didn't work about 50% of the time requiring manual input from me. Plus, they INTRODUCED the last folder not remembered bug in version .94. It never existed prior to that. They continued to receive bug reports yet never bothered to fix it. It was supposedly fixed for 1.0 yet the RC does NOT have this fix. I can point out at least 5 topics which have mention of this fix as well as GHK support already being included in 1.0.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2009, 07:10 AM »
About the thing i said about subtitles drag n drop : i take it back, i tested VLC 1.0 and it's working now

that sounds great. they do seem to have implemented some of the requests.. ;)

ak_

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • wopah
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2009, 09:01 AM »
Now i can't wait for a Mac OSX version of VLC 1.0 so my girlfriend will stop bitching about VLC :)

Nod5

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2009, 05:37 PM »
VLC is getting better and better. But I really dislike that there still seems to be no way to COMPLETELY disable error message popups. For example, if I have a txt with the same name as the videofile then VLC gives a subtitle error (since the txt is not a subtitle file at all). Ticking the box in the popup to hide future errors of that kind doesn't help. Similarly with the silent mode settings. The VLC preferences needs a big "never, ever display warning messages. Period."-checkbox  :P