topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:25 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Edit Middle 2: Firefox Addon for the AwesomeBar  (Read 6755 times)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Edit Middle 2: Firefox Addon for the AwesomeBar
« on: July 03, 2008, 03:05 AM »
Edit Middle 2 is a handy addon when using the location bar, now dubbed the 'AwesomeBar' in Firefox. this addon updates the results from awesome bar even when editing in the middle, not just at the end as is the default. e.g. let's say, you have typed 'donatoncoder' before realizing the missing 'i'. you can use the arrow key and type the 'i' & the results will be shown immediately. a must-have for keyboardists, imo.

ws-editmiddle2-1.png
https://addons.mozil...S/firefox/addon/7400

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Edit Middle 2: Firefox Addon for the AwesomeBar
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 11:01 AM »
I just installed it. Looks very useful!

edbro

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 11:49 AM »
It sounds like it might be useful in a few instances. But, I hesitate to install add-ons unless it is something that I'm likely to use all the time. I'm afraid excess extensions will slow FF down.

I often see extensions that don't offer much extra functionality but still eat resources. Example: Flagfox puts a flag in the location bar to signify the location of the server. Neat, but I don't think it is worth the resources.

I could be all wrong here. Does anybody have more than about 9-10 extensions installed and does it slow FF down?

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 05:13 PM »
CyberNet added the Edit Middle functionality to its CyberSearch extension. This way you'll get extra functionality instead of simply bugfixing Firefox :)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 08:58 PM »
Example: Flagfox puts a flag in the location bar to signify the location of the server.
incidentally, i had a similar addon installed: Flags but i normally go through the addons section once in a while and prune things a bit.