topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Gizmo Is Looking for A Few Volunteers  (Read 4253 times)

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Gizmo Is Looking for A Few Volunteers
« on: November 21, 2007, 09:38 PM »
If you haven't seen Gizmo's site, you should take a look as well as sign up for his newsletter.

1.1 How to Get Your Five Minutes of Fame

I'm looking for experienced users to help with the "46 Best-ever Freeware" list.

The plan is to convert the list into a Wiki and allow site visitors to make suggestions and alterations along the line of WikiPedia.

For this to work, each software category needs an editor to moderate user comments, so I'm looking for experienced individuals to fill these roles.

If you feel that you are knowledgeable about a particular software category such as "program editors" or "file managers", then why not share your knowledge by becoming the editor for that category in the "46 Best-ever Freeware list."

As a category editor you will be fully credited for your efforts, unless, of course, you wish to remain anonymous.

It's a great way to get your five minutes of fame. It's also a way of becoming an internet "giver" rather than just a "taker". And you will be surprised at just how much you will learn from the suggestions of others; I certainly have.

If you are interested check out the current categories in the "46 Best-ever Freeware" list [1] and the "Extended List" [2]. Select categories that you would like to edit and email me at [email protected] with your selections plus a very short description of your background and experience. If you have any commercial affiliations related to any of the categories, please state them.

Feel free to select as many categories as you like but be aware that editing each category could take 1-2 hours of your time per month. Also feel free to suggest a new software category if you feel it is needed.

Thanks guys.
-Gizmo's Support Alert Newsletter Free Edition, Issue 151