topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Sunday June 16, 2024, 3:21 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Recent Posts

Pages: [1]
Hi Papatech.
Because Process Tamer is one of the few apps I've made that exists in a non-gui form that wouldn't require much effort for others to build, I think open sourcing the code makes a lot of sense if I'm going to to update it much.
Let me chew on it a little more.  I'd like to get it all working on windows 10.

Any update on this?
fSekrit / Re: LATEST VERSION: fSekrit 1.40 shrinkwrapped!
« Last post by Ding on June 20, 2021, 11:30 AM »
I happened to find a similar(actually i think the same) program Text-2-EXE
Ugh, missed forum reply notifications for this one!

At first glance, this seems to be a very clear ripoff of fSekrit (although with internationalization added?). The maxa-tools site seems to be down at the moment (Domain Status    On-hold (redemption Period)), but it seems the tool has been shared to a bunch of sites (portablefreeware, softpedia, heise, ...).

I've taken a quick look at the text2exe.exe downloaded from Heise in a hex editor, and... it looks like it's a Visual Basic application. So, not a hackjob that's just replacing resources, and not somebody doing a few modifications to the open-source version of fSekrit... but doing pretty much a reimplementation?

The mind, it boggles :huh:
It seems maxa-tools is gone for good, but I've attached it here for posterity's sake.

I'd love it if fSekrit received an update after all this time. I'd really like to see a wrap-around Find, and maybe even a Find & Replace, as well as a Dark Theme.
Pages: [1]