topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday June 7, 2024, 7:46 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Recent Posts

Pages: prev1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14next
LaunchBar Commander / Re: LBC Hotkey Question
« Last post by bob99 on October 31, 2011, 11:27 AM »

Hmm..

are you saying that no matter what hotkey you set, it triggers your xyplorer? so if you set hotkey for the node to be like ctrl+alt+J, then hitting that brings up the LBC menu but also xyplorer.  and furthermore that if you disable the LBC hotkey, hitting ctrl+alt+J does not trigger xyplorer?  let me know if this is the case as that would mean LBC is somehow triggering xyplorer directly..

Yep, that's correct.
I had set ctrl/shift/s to bring up the folder list/node.  LBC brings up the folder contents list at the cursor location like it is supposed to but also brings up XYP at whatever location or monitor I had last closed it from.  Since my original post I have turned off the minimize to tray option in XYP.  So when it closes it closes.  Double checked with process explorer.

Disabled the hotkey in LBC, pressed ctrl/shift/s and nothing happens with LBC or XYP.  Enable and try it again and up pops both.  So it is also starting XYP fresh. Not bringing it up from the tray.  I've looked at each of the configuration screens for this node and there are no references to XYP anywhere in any of them.  And don't even have XYP in this launchbar.
Just an FYI, I tried changing to two different LBC hotkey combinations to bring up the folder list and the same thing happens.
Which probably shoots my next thought out of the water.

I don't have XYP in the launchbar now, but I did have some while back. Just looked again and it's not even there and just disabled with the checkbox.  Back when I did, can't remember, but I may have had it set to activate on the same hotkey.  Even though I deleted it from the launchbar, could there still be something somewhere in an old settings file that didn't reset or it's somehow seeing?  When I set the ctrl/shift/s to open the folder I want the screen said the combo was available.

N.A.N.Y. 2012 / Re: NANY 2012 Pledge & Early Beta: Got Space?
« Last post by bob99 on October 31, 2011, 09:31 AM »
Just tried and it's a lot easier to click once for the info than multiples.
I'm using XYPlorer and have it set as my default file manager.  When I select explore in Got Space the Windows Explorer manager comes up.  Is there a way to bring up XYP instead? Unless I missed it, didn't see where use of an alternate file manager has been brought up before.

Thanks,
Living Room / Re: Sansa Clip Zip: Wow!
« Last post by bob99 on October 28, 2011, 08:10 PM »
You can download an earlier copy of the firmware here: http://forums.sandis...ighlight/true#M31623

I had the same problem and as soon as I pointed the utility program to the earlier version everything worked fine.

There is also some good info on the Rockbox forum: http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php#7

EDIT:
You must have found the link while I was looking for and typing it up:

GOOD LUCK  :Thmbsup:
I just found this set of Excel utilities the other day.  Haven't had a chance to try them out yet but there is one that deletes blank worksheets.  Whether it's by file or folder not sure.

This link takes you to the Sheets » Remove all empty worksheets description page.
ASAPUtilities for Excel

They have a free version for home/students/charity and a business version for $49 US.
Either way there is a trial you could give a try.
LaunchBar Commander / Re: LBC Hotkey Question
« Last post by bob99 on October 26, 2011, 02:19 PM »
In case it had something to do with XYPlorer being the default file manager and minimizing to the system tray setting, I turned off both settings and closed XYP.  Tried my LBC hotkey and the same thing is still happening.  Except it is displaying windows file manager in place of XYP.

@mouser any suggestions on what I'm missing?

Thanks
Living Room / Re: What happens after a Cloud changes Types?
« Last post by bob99 on October 25, 2011, 11:20 AM »
Why should they care if I have an account or not to use my friggin' phone?!?

Possibly for the Analytics.
And companies that subscribe to a service such as this: http://www.mongoosem...google-analytics.php

I used an Android phone for a while and wondered why I would hear 2 to 3 rings on my side before the person I was calling heard the 1st one.  The phone I'd used before that usually had about a 1 ring lag due to the towers etc.  Don't remember where I heard (or read about it) but it was said because the call was being routed through Google first.  Causing the extra delay.  Whether it's really true or not I don't know.  But if there are services out like the one above, how else would they get the number?  My non-Android phone now has me back to 1 sometimes 2 ring lag.
« Last post by bob99 on October 25, 2011, 08:25 AM »
xtabber,

Thanks for the heads up.
I bought a Clip+ a while back to replace a slowly ailing Creative model.  It was ok until I updated to Rockbox on Edvard & superboyac's suggestion and comments.  Now I love it.  True, the Rockbox menu is a bit daunting until you get used to it. But once you do I think it's great.  IMO it's now head and shoulders above my old Creative.  Especially since I now have full and easy access to anything I put on the plug-in SD card.  What my Creative lacks.  And from what I read somewhere Rockbox will allow you to access (I believe this is correct) up to a 32 Gig SD while the stock Sansa firmware will only do up to 2 Gig.
LaunchBar Commander / LBC Hotkey Question
« Last post by bob99 on October 24, 2011, 02:58 PM »
I set one of my nodes to display a folder containing spreadsheet files I use frequently.  I set it to 'Divide Letter Groups' which I like the looks of and it makes it easier for me to focus to the sheet I want.  Anyway, I decided to also add a hotkey to have the node pop up at the cursor.  Works like a charm. Except my XYPlorer file manager is also popping up at the same time. Opening a new tab in XYP focused to the same folder.
I tried different hotkey combinations to see if I might have used one identical to one of the XYP combinations.  Doesn't seem to be it.  Whichever combo I try I get the same results.

Running on XP Pro SP3.  I have XYP set to minimize to the system tray on close.

I looked through the pdf user guide and a quick search through the forum and didn't come across anything that seemed similar.  No time at the moment to go back through the videos.

What setting have I missed that will prevent the XYP window from also coming up at the same time?  :tellme:

Thanks

Found Deals and Discounts / Re: 24-Hours Giveaway - VX Search Pro
« Last post by bob99 on October 23, 2011, 12:55 PM »
ocsid80

Thanks for the comparison.
Found Deals and Discounts / Re: 24-Hours Giveaway - VX Search Pro
« Last post by bob99 on October 23, 2011, 12:25 PM »
Appreciate your offer of the free key today.  I already own a copy of Flexense's  DiskBoss Pro with rule-based file search. Are there differences between VX Search and DiskBoss's file-based search?

« Last post by bob99 on October 14, 2011, 01:33 PM »
Daleus,

I bought a pair of JVC headphones like these about a year and a half ago and been happy with them.
http://av.jvc.com/pr...page=2&styleId=A
I can't find a number anywhere on mine to make sure they are the same but they look like it and the specs are the same.  Bought mine at a "Wally World."

They aren't the fancy noise cancelling but suit the need.  They sound good and the earpieces can turn so they lay flat.  I've carried them around in my bag, shoved stuff in on top, pulled em out and they still work. Even worn them doing yard work.

Might take a look.
Found Deals and Discounts / Re: Softmaker Office 2010 discount
« Last post by bob99 on October 13, 2011, 02:21 PM »
And for $5, if one has even the slightest preference, what the heck?

Shucks, missed it by a day. Today it is $59.99 with the upgrade being $4.99.  Maybe next time.  :(
General Software Discussion / ScraperWiki
« Last post by bob99 on October 13, 2011, 01:01 PM »

I came across this site during my "travels" through one of the sites I visit and was talked about on a TWiT podcast.

ScraperWiki

From their about page:
What is ScraperWiki?

There’s lots of useful data on the internet – crime statistics, government spending, missing kittens…

But getting at it isn’t always easy. There's a table here, a report there, a few web pages, PDFs, spreadsheets… And it can be scattered over thousands of different places on the web, making it hard to see the whole picture and the story behind it. It’s like trying to build something from Lego when someone has hidden the bricks all over town and you have to find them before you can start building!

To get at data, programmers write bits of code called ‘screen scrapers’, which extract the useful bits so they can be reused in other apps, or rummaged through by journalists and researchers. But these bits of code tend to break, get thrown away or forgotten once they have been used, and so the data is lost again. Which is bad.

ScraperWiki is an online tool to make that process simpler and more collaborative. Anyone can write a screen scraper using the online editor. In the free version, the code and data are shared with the world. Because it's a wiki, other programmers can contribute to and improve the code.

If you're not a programmer, or if you want to tackle a large or complex task, you can ask the ScraperWiki team to organise it for you.

Searched through and didn't see it had been posted about before.  Not related to them, haven't used it or know of the pros/cons of something like this, but might be of interest.

Found Deals and Discounts / Re: Pdf converter 88% OFF
« Last post by bob99 on October 13, 2011, 10:08 AM »
Curt,

Thank you for the GAOD link above.  Worked fine and have the key already. 

General Software Discussion / Re: GUI automation
« Last post by bob99 on October 12, 2011, 06:24 PM »

A while back I did a search on a couple of the different macro recorders and one of the results brought up alternativeTo.net.  It provided a pretty good list of different programs. Link to the list sorted on visitor/user likes: http://alternativeto...k-studio/?sort=likes

I haven't used any of these but one of them may suit your needs or rings a bell with one of the other readers of the post that can provide some input.

Not affiliated with alternativeTo or any of the programs.

Post New Requests Here / Re: IDEA - randomize image in an image folder
« Last post by bob99 on October 06, 2011, 04:03 PM »
Also found a post at a site called Ask MetaFilter.
Title of the post is Seeking Windows Random Image Viewer and Random File Opener?

It mentions an early copy of ACDSee could do this.  And a link to a site where old software versions can be found.  
One of the people responding to the post provided a command script they said would do this.  There are also a couple of corrections to the script.  Not being a coder I don't know if it will do what it says.  Maybe another DonationCoder member monitoring this thread can take a look at it and let you know.

Post New Requests Here / Re: IDEA - randomize image in an image folder
« Last post by bob99 on October 06, 2011, 03:21 PM »

This might do what you are looking for... WildBit Viewer

This is the link to the online help file on setting up a slideshow... Slide Show - Custom Show List Editor

If I read it right you are able to manually create a slideshow of images in any order without re-naming.
I haven't tried this yet so I don't have an hands-on review.  Let us know if it fills the bill.
Found Deals and Discounts / Re: Hard Disk Sentinel Professional on BDJ
« Last post by bob99 on October 04, 2011, 12:19 PM »

I used PayPal also.  Other times I've bought software it's almost immediate also.

Here's part of the email. Came from noreply-eng @ shareit

"Dear Valued Customer,

Your order for "Hard Disk Sentinel PROFESSIONAL" (order number (order number was here)) has been received and is being verified by our team. Your order will most likely be processed within the next 4 hours, but in no case will it take more than 24 hours.

In order to avoid multiple charges to your credit card, please do not resubmit your order."

If I haven't heard anything in a couple of hours I'll try the customer service route.

Found Deals and Discounts / Re: Hard Disk Sentinel Professional on BDJ
« Last post by bob99 on October 04, 2011, 11:04 AM »
Just as an FYI- the following link is available for the 50% discount for the next 24 hours (straight from the developer)

Thank you for the heads up.  Missed it yesterday on BDJ. 
Couldn't get there using the link then re-read your post. Then went to the developer's site and clicked buy.  And everything worked fine.  Entered the coupon code and the 50% was applied.

Still waiting on my final confirmation. An email said it could take 4 to 24 hours??
General Software Discussion / Re: In search of ... someone using CAD software
« Last post by bob99 on September 30, 2011, 11:01 AM »
LibreCAD is another free/open source/donation possibility.  

LibreCAD is a free Open Source personal CAD application for Windows, Macintosh and Linux. Support and documentation is free from our large, dedicated community of users, contributors and developers. You, too, can also get involved!

It is another variation on QCad.

How it started

LibreCAD started as a project to build CAM capabilities into the community version of QCad for use with a Mechmate CNC router.

Since QCad CE was built around the outdated Qt3 library, it had to be ported to Qt4 before additional enhancements. This gave rise to CADuntu.

The project was known as CADuntu only for a couple of months before the community decided that the name was inappropriate. After some discussion within the community and research on existing names, CADuntu was renamed to LibreCAD.
Sorry, disregard.  This wasn't the beta :-[

Updated to 2.101.02. Running XP SP3
I am still seeing the smaller + type cursor and not the full screen mentioned.
Tried with shift+print screen and from the tray menu.
Also I am not getting a tray pop-up post capture. I do get the pop-up when doing a full screen or alt-print screen.
Exited and restarted SC in case something needed to take effect and still the same.

Very interesting points by Oshyan.

I can't help but feel that both terms turn people off..
I wonder if there is something better.

What about "...pay what you can?"  To me it doesn't sound as much like "here it is... pay what you want... don't really care."

General Software Discussion / Re: In search of ... someone using CAD software
« Last post by bob99 on September 27, 2011, 09:32 AM »
Solid Edge 2D is professional-quality and free.

http://www.plm.autom...i3vasCFZAs7Aodhyd2xQ

This looks very good on the site and in the PDF brochure. I believe they are looking for more professional users though.
Here's the info needed to download:

Screenshot - 9_27_2011 , 10_14_41 AM.png

Post New Requests Here / Re: IDEA ~ Show List of Shortcuts overlaid on Desktop
« Last post by bob99 on September 20, 2011, 09:59 AM »

May not be quite what you are looking for but:

http://devcheatsheet.com/

...for those who don't know.

Paul,

Thanks for the link. Added it to my Linkman. Will come in handy.

Post New Requests Here / Re: IDEA ~ Show List of Shortcuts overlaid on Desktop
« Last post by bob99 on September 18, 2011, 09:48 AM »

The outstanding question is how can i best support a large user repository of application-specific help data in the best way.

Not sure of the direction you are considering but here's another thought.  Provide the ability of importing hotkey lists in csv or some other format.  Interested and willing members familiar with a specific program could send in a list of those hotkeys in the preferred format.  Users could pick and choose which list they would need from a repository of sorts.  These could be standard program default hotkey lists or maybe user suggestions. Saves you or even the user from tracking down hotkey lists.  It also becomes a community project. Similar to the All Hotkeys Site.
Any way you or others go, I think this would be a great program.

Pages: prev1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14next