topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 10:18 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Today's GiveAway is the fastest photo resizer I have tried  (Read 7487 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Today's GiveAway is the fastest photo resizer I have tried
« on: September 04, 2007, 08:23 AM »
For half a year I have been looking for an easy and fast way to resize my pictures. Not batch resizing of a lot of pictures in one go, but   one by one   now and then   for a special purpose (very often I want the pics I upload to DC to be no more than 560 pixels wide). For a long time I assumed the feature had to be integrated with the context menu, but none of the apps I have been trying would give me what I wanted. The one that came closest was Microsoft's Photo Power Toy, Image Resizer, but it won't let me save settings for any other dimensions than the ones some bureaucrat determined once and for all.

However, today's giveaway offer, DropBox Image Processor have rapidly proven itself to be very easy, fast and reliable to use. Do the settings, and drag and drop the image to the auto-hiding auto-popout window's box in the margen, and the resizing is all  done. If you want several preset dimensions you can just add several boxes into the same window.

Edit: Of course I should't have written it is The Fastest Resizer, it is no faster than the next resizer, but it is a lot easier to use than anything else I have tried, and therefor the total process is faster. As for my special request, I have the dimension presets to be 560 x 9999 pixels - and it is working fine.

The program can do a lot more, it is kind of an editor, but I have so far only been interested in the resizing feature.

DropBox Image Processor performs various image editing process such as rotate; flip; resize; adjust color; adding watermark, text, frame, or shadow; red-eye fixer; etc.

Features:

Edit multiple photos with drag-and-drop from any File Explorer or Image Browser.

• More than 20 image processing
  • Enhance photos easily with Auto Color Level or Auto Contrast.
  • Support the most commonly used image formats (JPG, JPEG2000, GIF, BMP, PNG, TIFF, PCX, etc).
  • Custom DropBox allows you to combine multiple image processors to get unlimited results.
  • Batch photo processing.
  • Convert image to another format.

If you miss the giveaway offer today, the normal price is merely $15.

dropbox.gif
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 09:20 AM by Curt »

cranioscopical

• Friend of the Site
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Today's GiveAway is the fastest photo resizer I have tried
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 09:30 AM »
it is a lot easier to use than anything else I have tried

Thanks for drawing attention to DropBox Image Processor.
I usually glance at the give-aways but a recommendation heightens my interest.
I grabbed this one; the price is right.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 09:44 AM »
... the price is right.

:D

BigJim

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • I have seen the light!
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 12:46 PM »
Thanks for the heads up and the evaluation, Curt. One of the reasons that I follow the RSS feed from Giveaway of The Day is that I often find better, more interesting (and almost always free) programs in the comments made by naysayers. This has several advantages perhaps paramount being the situation which I'm not facing. I must do an OS reinstall on one of my machines and all of the GAOTD applications will become toast in the process. C&P!!
TruckerJim says "You can go down a hill too slow a thousand times. But too fast only once."

mitzevo

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Control is power
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 12:54 PM »
"You have  13 hours 9 minutes to download and install it."

Thanks for the heads up, my insert-relative-title-here needs some thing easy and this looks good :)
The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 07:50 PM »
I usually glance at the give-aways but a recommendation heightens my interest.
I grabbed this one; the price is right.

exactly my thoughts too, a post here means the product deserves a 2nd look.. i'm going for my 2nd look, even though i already have them resizers a-plenty.. :)

sri

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Sridhar Katakam
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 02:11 AM »
Here's a freeware image resizer that I just discovered:

http://www.vso-softw...ducts/image_resizer/
<a href="https://sridharkatakam.com">My blog</a>

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 05:20 AM »
Here's a freeware image resizer that I just discovered: http://www.vso-softw...ducts/image_resizer/

Yeah, I tried that one too, but the "integration in the context menu" is merely for the stand alone program to load. It is not truly integrated, so to speak.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 12:08 PM »
Liquid Resize

A quite different kind of resizer, Liquid Resize, can be found at thegedanken.com

- I am very impressed with this app, but find it hard to tell about it, so I will encourage you to go to CyberNet Notes or YouTube and see the fine video, to understand how this works.

Wouldn't it be cool to shrink your images without losing information on the main part of the image, but only shrinking the background. This application tries to accomplish just that: take a look at the Examples and you will understand.

One very strange thing, though: The app must have been named Retarget, I guess, because the name Liquid Resize only appears in the titelbar of the program. The no-installation executing file is named Retarget.exe

Ehtyar

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 05:56 PM »
FastStone Image Resizer tops all the other resizers i have ever tried, but i will give this one a go too, thank you. Oh...and it's free :)

Ehtyar.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 05:59 PM by Ehtyar »

CWuestefeld

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 07:13 PM »
A quite different kind of resizer, Liquid Resize, can be found at thegedanken.com
I found this some time ago, and downloaded it to try. I didn't get very far because it's so darned slow (on my Athlon 2400+ w/ 1GB RAM). I let it run for 5 minutes with no response, and quit.

Perhaps this would work quicker with images that are less than 7.1 megapixels -- but resizing is supposed to be the point of the program, right?

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 08:44 AM »
I found this some time ago,

I believe you were trying a beta version back then,
Please give this new version a (second) chance!
Resizing background is what it is abouth.