topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:07 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Good Screen Recorder Video Editing Software?  (Read 18156 times)

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Good Screen Recorder Video Editing Software?
« on: May 15, 2007, 12:48 PM »
I want to create some video tutorials but not enough to come up with the $300 that TechSmith wants for Camtasia Studios. Plus, I have a feeling that Camtasia is a lot more than what I need.

This will not be a "daily use" application for me; quite the contrary, I will only need to use it once in a great while. I remember not too long ago seeing a reasonable freeware or shareware version of just such a tool, but of course now that I have decided that I need it, I can't find it nor remember exactly what it was called!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

cthorpe

• Discount Coordinator
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • c++thorpe
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Good Screen Recorder Video Editing Software?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 01:25 PM »
We have a 50% off coupon for supporting members on BB Flashback and BB Flashback Express.  The discount makes the Express version only $20.  You can read a review and comparison of BB Flashback and Camstasia that was written by our very own mouser.

Carl Thorpe

dhuser

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • King Dogbert
    • View Profile
    • StumbleUpon Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 03:55 PM »
The following are free scren capture programs:
Three Programs I use
* DebugMode Wink at http://www.debugmode.com/wink/- Flash output, the best for free. Only one listed in this post, that provides nice editing features
* AviScreen Classic at http://www.bobyte.co.../AviScreen/index.asp- Creates AVI screen captures
* CamStudio at http://camstudio.org/- produces flash output

Also DonationCoder does have a review about these tools at https://www.donation...enCasting/index.html
Note that Wink 1.0, not the current version, is reviewed

dhuser
My StumbleUpon Profile
Imagine.Explore.Create!

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 06:33 PM »
Thank you, good friends!  I'll go over and take a look at all.

I don't mind paying for the application, BTW. I just can't justify -- nor afford! -- Camtasia Studio for the very limited use I have for it.

Sorry I didn't post back earlier; my email notifications go to an email address that I don't normally monitor. Apparently DonationCoder uses the email address of the PayPal account I used to make my initial donation. I really don't use that email address for anything else -- just PayPal payments and correspondence from PayPal. I only check it every couple of days. I had listed my regular email address when I first registered here, but as I said, the email address I used to donate from is the one that all forum messages are sent to.

Can that be easily changed?

Thanks.

laughinglizard

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 12:49 PM »
The tutorial over at True Launch Bar were made with Wink, as mentioned already.
http://www.truelaunchbar.com/
I've seen it used for others as well but can't recall where.

bluestar9cn

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 10:45 AM »
you may would like to try democreator or demobuilder, they create tutorials by taking series of editable screenshots. the exported file size of demobuilder is smaller than democreator, but only has a 256 color depth while democreator exports true color movies. you can download them by searching their name on download.com
about democreator: http://www.sameshow....om/demo-creator.html
about demobuilder: http://www.demo-builder.com

good luck

foldifiwereu

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 10:32 AM »
You guys are AWSOME!!!! unbeleiveable....every time i need something...you guys never dissapoint....VERY NICE!!!!

THANKS!
adamwest

Nxqd3051990

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
  • Train to become GTD Master
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 10:38 AM »
Wink or CamStudio
KEEP IT SIMPLE !
Hardware ASUS K8N |AMD 2800+@2,6 with WC| Ram Kingmax 512@235 2-4-4-11
Software   Firefox 2.0.0.5 | XYplorer | Foobar 0.9.4.2 | VLC | AutoHotkey | SciTe | Pidgin
Sites Y!Blog | Facebook | Tumblog | Last.fm

biox

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 11:00 PM »
You guys are AWSOME!!!! unbeleiveable....every time i need something...you guys never dissapoint....VERY NICE!!!!

THANKS!
adamwest
-foldifiwereu (April 08, 2008, 10:32 AM)

Totally agree  :D You blokes and blokesses are as kool as it can get :Thmbsup:

Lanpard008

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 01:14 AM »
Now the latest vesions of DemoCreator and DemoBuilder come to be more powerful than before.  ;D

CGA

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 04:59 AM »
BB flashback is very good, not overly complicated yet does what most of us need :Thmbsup:

widgewunner

• Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 05:37 PM »
BB Flashback Express is now free!

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 08:26 PM »
BB Flashback Express is now free!

widgewunner: have you tried it? based on your post here, some of us tried but it doesn't seems to be free..

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 08:39 PM »
Express version is free. The Standard and Professional editions are not. See feature comparison @ http://www.bbsoftwar...CompareEditions.aspx

widgewunner

• Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 03:07 PM »

widgewunner: have you tried it? based on your post here, some of us tried but it doesn't seems to be free..

Yes, I tried it and yes it is free! (Not sure why you had problems. Although some of their web pages still have some remnants that erroneously state that it is only free during the trial period.) You do have to register it to remove a watermark that is inserted in the exported output. I've been using it and am quite impressed with the features and quality. I had been playing around with CamStudio but it had problems with audio sync on my box. Flashback Express captures quite nicely with no audio problems and I like the fact that it exports right to a streamable flash format complete with playback controls. I'm already trying to justify coughing up the dough for one of the more deluxe versions. (Although at more than $100, I would have to go take a serious look at some of BB's competition...)

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 10:05 PM »

Yes, I tried it and yes it is free! (Not sure why you had problems. Although some of their web pages still have some remnants that erroneously state that it is only free during the trial period.) You do have to register it to remove a watermark that is inserted in the exported output. I've been using it and am quite impressed with the features and quality. I had been playing around with CamStudio but it had problems with audio sync on my box. Flashback Express captures quite nicely with no audio problems and I like the fact that it exports right to a streamable flash format complete with playback controls. I'm already trying to justify coughing up the dough for one of the more deluxe versions. (Although at more than $100, I would have to go take a serious look at some of BB's competition...)

thanks for the clarification.. i'll take a closer look when i get back to my desk after the weekend. ;)

Lanpard008

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 08:44 PM »
For the Express version, there is little edting feature. And no zoom and pan effect, which is quite helpful in showing spcifice details in small screen.  :(

J-Mac

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2009, 10:29 PM »
For the Express version, there is little edting feature. And no zoom and pan effect, which is quite helpful in showing spcifice details in small screen.  :(

There are two main purposes for the Express version: First, as a product for those who just need very simple screencasting functionality and either cannot afford the full version or don't have enough of a need to spend the price of the full version. And second, as a kind of no-time-limit evaluation - use the reduced functionality until you decided you must have more, and then upgrade to the full version. IIRC, they do have (or did have) an upgrade path from Express to the Full version.

Jim

Clive

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 05:45 PM »
I've just started using screentoaster
It's a free web based app with generous storage (also free). It's quick & simple.