topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Saturday April 27, 2024, 2:14 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Is there a Google Chrome Bookmarks Manager!  (Read 4777 times)

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Is there a Google Chrome Bookmarks Manager!
« on: November 03, 2023, 03:39 AM »
Hello folks, i am trying to make a backup of my Google Chrome(Bookmarks).Thats will work in a 64bit machine too.
Anyways i am on a 32bit pc.So what i want is an application that does the job of bookmarking.  :-\ :-\ :-\
I am willing to spend some money on it, even if it cost me money. I am ready for that.
Could you kindly tell me or redirect me to any site that does the job.

Shareware or Freeware.
Awaiting some response from the professional people.

Hulkbuster.
ClipDiary 5.3/ Smadav 2018/ Some Sense

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Is there a Google Chrome Bookmarks Manager!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 12:40 PM »
I'm not sure I understand your needs. If you just want to backup your bookmarks and restore them to another machine, what's wrong with the built-in export/import options?

I'm pretty sure Chrome allows you to backup and sync your bookmarks across your Google account if you login to the browser itself.

Or you can also do it manually. I use Brave, which is based on Chrome, so it should be something like this:

• To export: Press Ctrl-Shift-O to open the built-in Bookmarks Manager ( chrome://bookmarks/ ). Then click the three-dots menu and select Export bookmarks.
  • To import: Click the hamburger menu and go to Bookmarks, then select Import bookmarks and settings (which should take you here: chrome://settings/importData ), then select Bookmarks HTML File from the dropdown list, and select the file containing your exported bookmarks.

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 10:07 AM »
I'm not sure I understand your needs. If you just want to backup your bookmarks and restore them to another machine, what's wrong with the built-in export/import options?

I'm pretty sure Chrome allows you to backup and sync your bookmarks across your Google account if you login to the browser itself.

Or you can also do it manually. I use Brave, which is based on Chrome, so it should be something like this:

• To export: Press Ctrl-Shift-O to open the built-in Bookmarks Manager ( chrome://bookmarks/ ). Then click the three-dots menu and select Export bookmarks.
  • To import: Click the hamburger menu and go to Bookmarks, then select Import bookmarks and settings (which should take you here: chrome://settings/importData ), then select Bookmarks HTML File from the dropdown list, and select the file containing your exported bookmarks.
I just want to make a backup of my Chrome browser, some kind like a portable backup application.
Also the default Bookmarks from Chrome browser, isn't very flexible. Like it doesn't display the icons for a site saved.
Thats all. Some OP doesn't even have the idea what i m talking about.
I checked the Brave browser application. And i do not want that kind of application.
I was looking for something portable and also a dedicated Bookmark backupper.
Sorry for late reply, i was out of station for few days.

Thank u for ur suggestion.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 10:12 AM »
To clarify: I wasn't suggesting that you use Brave. I was just stating that if my instructions differed to what you saw in Chrome, it was because I was using Brave, but they should be pretty similar since Brave is based on Chrome.

hulkbuster

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023, 10:43 AM »
To clarify: I wasn't suggesting that you use Brave. I was just stating that if my instructions differed to what you saw in Chrome, it was because I was using Brave, but they should be pretty similar since Brave is based on Chrome.
Yes ur suggestion or pointers was right. For past month i was using EverSync. However that app doesn't work, if the developer had kept it alive.
Please see the snapshot. I am thinking it must have been an old application. I liked that but it was too buggy.
9 out of 10 time it shows the extension is not working. But it was almost everything i wanted. But u need to pay to use in full version.
What was that.jpgIs there a Google Chrome Bookmarks Manager!
Guess i will keep searching if i find it.

Goodnight Deozaan.

kanesmith

• Participant
  • Joined in 2024
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2024, 02:12 AM »
Yes, there is a built-in Google Chrome Bookmarks Manager. You can access it by going to chrome://bookmarks/ in your browser. This manager allows you to organize, edit, and back up your bookmarks, and it works on both 32-bit and 64-bit machines. If you're looking for more advanced features or a different interface, there are also several third-party bookmarking applications available, both free and paid.