topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 6:57 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Very broad: ISO Questionnaire Software with Report Functionality  (Read 5593 times)

leeWoo

• Participant
  • Joined in 2019
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
This is a very broad question:   

I am looking to see what my options are for adding questionnaire functionality to my website.
So Let me know if you can recommend a well developed questionnaire software or your approach (i.e. Use all SAP modules, Use xxxxx software, send data to your SQL Server, then do your reports with Tableau, etc, hire xxxxxxxx corp this small business developers to do everything, setup these APIs, Use these 3rd party software service providers, etc. )   
The short storybook scenario might be:   
       Front End:    I provide several users(100-5000) with a code(via email), they logon to a website, they are prompted with a questionnaire.   They fill it out, Mostly multiple choice but may have some open text they can enter in, done.
       Back End:     After several people take the survey, the data will be ran through a report program to provide statistical results and charts.

Thanks

« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 02:28 PM by Deozaan, Reason: fixed formatting in subject »

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Very broad: ISO Questionnaire Software with Report Functionality
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 03:40 AM »
What do you have in place for your current website (OS, webserver/software, database) ?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 01:29 PM »
There are a bunch of 3rd party services that will let you create and gather data.  They charge different prices based on how frequently you need to conduct surveys and how many people will be answering.
They are quite smooth and work well.
These days more and more services like this, which one used to install software for on your own server, are now being handled by specialty websites for a cost.

If the cost makes sense for you then it can save you a ton of hassle to use one of these 3rd party sites, especially if it's just a one-of survey and not a regular thing.

Perhaps the best known and most advertised service is SurveyMonkey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/

Some alternatives can be found here: https://alternative.me/surveymonkey

leeWoo

• Participant
  • Joined in 2019
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 08:38 PM »
What do you have in place for your current website (OS, webserver/software, database) ?

Currently I am using a web service, however If I had to setup my own end point then I could setup either a Windows or Linux platform.   Preference would be a Linux platform:  IP FireWall, Next-Gen FW, Linux Server, Linux Web software, and SQL for the Database.

Thanks

leeWoo

• Participant
  • Joined in 2019
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 08:40 PM »
There are a bunch of 3rd party services that will let you create and gather data.  They charge different prices based on how frequently you need to conduct surveys and how many people will be answering.
They are quite smooth and work well.
These days more and more services like this, which one used to install software for on your own server, are now being handled by specialty websites for a cost.

If the cost makes sense for you then it can save you a ton of hassle to use one of these 3rd party sites, especially if it's just a one-of survey and not a regular thing.

Perhaps the best known and most advertised service is SurveyMonkey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/

Some alternatives can be found here: https://alternative.me/surveymonkey

Thanks I will look into your suggestion