topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 7:18 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: what if a clipboard manager like this?  (Read 4212 times)

chashnniel

• Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
what if a clipboard manager like this?
« on: February 21, 2019, 05:39 AM »
My idea comes from clipstep, CCCCtrlC and Klipp3r!
They have similar and different features. But they should be better ;).

I don't need any search feature like Ditto do, because I use hotstring for my most used text and cmd... And I think searching for clips means slow and inefficient. because most of the time we copy text when we just only need it! If it deserves you to search it, it should be in your HotString.

CCCCtrl usage:
How to copy? --- Hold both Ctrl and C first(don't release!), then select any text. A popup will be display in you bottom right of the screen(just like C _ _ C _ C C)
How to paste? --- Hold both Ctrl and V. A popup also will be display in you bottom right of the screen. The highlight switch between C _ _ C _ C C. Release Ctrl V until the target one is hightlighted.
CCCCtrl is great, but it seems a little difficult to handle it. Just like playing Piano tiles :D, I'm not good at it.
Even thought I can slow down the CCCCtrlC's scroll speed but I can't figure out what exactly I'm chosen(C _ _ C _ C C);
Clipstep only show one popup clip item when I hold the Ctrl key.

I think
The clipboard content should be divided into four parts.
  • normal
  • private(should be delete after paste it), such as when you fill the excel Mike, 84997979, [email protected], Los Angeles...
  • enumeration
  • Sequential(Stack, the first coped one should be the first paste one)

To the normal, just click Ctrl+c/v/x like what we do on Windows.

To the private(maybe email, password or something important), just like what CCCCtrlC do——Hold the Ctrl+C first then select the target text. But this kind of clips content have no influence to the normal one(as I said, they are divided.) Hold the Ctrl+V to paste the content in private part.
In this way the clips content will be auto deleted when we finish the paste action(PRIVATE!!!).

To the enumeration, just like what ClipStep do——Click ctrl+c to copy the text, hold the Ctrl key then tap V/C(v to forward, c to backward) one by one until you find the target and then release the Ctrl key.
But ClipStep has a big drawback, thinking about that you copy and copy, and paste and paste continuously, tap the C/V to switch your target...... then you have no idea where you are!!!

So we need a list(configurable number to display, maybe can have multi column to display more content.) My idea is that when we hold the Ctrl and tap C for once, it comes out a popup list(highlight the current one and blur the others). Then we know where we are and thus we can still tap C to navigate or simply click the desire one. The popup lost disappear when we complete the paste action. Or you can just see the picture below.

To the Sequential, maybe we can use the ctrl+,(to copy) and ctrl+.(to paste). namely 111(ctrl+,), 222(ctrl+,), 333(ctrl+,) then (ctrl+.)three times output is 111 222 333 but not 333 222 111

this is just my idea, but not a request.
sorry for my English.

Any better way to improve?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 04:11 AM by chashnniel »

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
Re: what if a clipboard manager like this?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 06:23 AM »
I use http://www.joejoesoft.com/vcms/97/ ArsClip, which may satisfy some of your requirements.

Regards,

Anand

chashnniel

• Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 07:58 AM »
I use http://www.joejoesoft.com/vcms/97/ ArsClip, which may satisfy some of your requirements.
Yeah, Thank you! 8). I also use it sometimes.
Its clipboard bar, trigger window and macro are very useful and there are many way to edit the clip content. But it seems have no function(my favorite feature) like clipstep can navigate the clip with Ctrl c/v.
This time I take more focus on the copy/paste function itself. And the less hotkeys need to be remembered, the better.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 07:32 PM »
I'm not quite following what parts of the feature request are the important ones.. Have you tried my Clipboard Help+Spell?  I don't think it will solve your problem (though it has a stack and a quick popup list of recent clips), but I ask only because if you could explain what features you'd like added it would be easier for me to understand.

chashnniel

• Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 04:27 AM »
I'm not quite following what parts of the feature request are the important ones.. Have you tried my Clipboard Help+Spell?  I don't think it will solve your problem (though it has a stack and a quick popup list of recent clips), but I ask only because if you could explain what features you'd like added it would be easier for me to understand.
Thanks for the feedback. mouser.
I just updated the post and add some pictures. please check it out again.
Yes, I tried Clipboard Help+Spell and all of your software. 8). but maybe I miss something since Clipboard Help+Spell is in English and so many options.
I need to click Ctrl+Alt+C/V/Z to open the popup menu the click the target(It seems most of clipboard manager do the same thing like this), actually I know its simple and efficient in this way. :Thmbsup:

But... I want to make things quicker and more simple ----- all this thing is handled by Ctrl+C/V/X
click Ctrl+C/V/X
hold Ctrl+C/V/X
hold Ctrl and click C/V/X

Two keys in three modes. This should be interesting.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 04:45 PM by chashnniel »