topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 8:58 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: 1 Year of SpiderOak One (1TB of storage) for $15  (Read 3479 times)

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
1 Year of SpiderOak One (1TB of storage) for $15
« on: October 16, 2017, 08:52 AM »
I have never used SpiderOak, but have seen it discussed here so I think there might be interest in this.

Humble is running a "Software Bundle 2" that has a 1 year license for SpiderOak One cloud backup with 1TB of storage in the $15 tier. The 1TB plan usually costs $12 per month.  So if you were looking at SpiderOak for backup, this might be a cheap way to get started. 

I don't know if this can be used to add a year to an existing plan.  The blurb says this about existing accounts: "License will overwrite any existing licenses during redemption and remaining credit will not be refunded".  So for people with existing accounts, I don't know if you can hang onto this license and activate it just before your existing one expires or if you have to activate it within some short period. But if you're on a month-to-month plan, this seems like a no brainer.

Note that if you purchase the $15 tier, you get a bunch of other software too, but none of it looked particularly interesting to me. Except maybe the Winx Media Trans which is part of the $1 tier.

The bundle is live for another 9 days from now:

- https://www.humblebu...re/software-bundle-2

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:26 AM by mwb1100 »

cthorpe

• Discount Coordinator
  • Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • c++thorpe
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: 1 Year of SpiderOak One (1TB of storage) for $15
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 01:54 PM »
Fences, which has a 5 device license in one of the lower tiers if you were to get the SpiderOak deal, is an amazing bit of software for Windows users that keep icons on their desktop.  I've been using it so long that I find myself incredibly frustrated any time I have to use a computer that does not have it installed.

Edit: It is a 5 device license, not a 3 license pack as I originally posted.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:32 PM by cthorpe »

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: 1 Year of SpiderOak One (1TB of storage) for $15
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 02:20 PM »
Fences, which has a 3 license pack in one of the lower tiers if you were to get the SpiderOak deal, is an amazing bit of software for Windows users that keep icons on their desktop.  I've been using it so long that I find myself incredibly frustrated any time I have to use a computer that does not have it installed.

Agreed, though the regular price is $9.99 for Fences, so not so good a deal unless you want to get other software in the deal.