topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 9:55 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: What settings yield highest quality of screenshots?  (Read 3711 times)

mindstormer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
What settings yield highest quality of screenshots?
« on: January 31, 2016, 10:45 AM »
What settings yield highest quality of screenshots? Currently, my tweaked settings don't seem to create screenshots that match the quality on what is displayed on the screen, which is mostly text. The text seems slightly blurred. Would a 1:1 quality screenshot possible (the screenshot and the actual screen looks exactly the same)?

Also, I can't seem to find a way to open the directory where I set the screenshot to be saved on Screenshot Captor. Could this be a feature request if it's not there already? Perhaps a right-click context menu button "Open screenshot directory" that opens the directory of wherever the screenshot was saved (either user-specified or directory specified in the settings)?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 10:59 AM by mindstormer »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: What settings yield highest quality of screenshots?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 11:06 AM »
All good questions.

As long as you are saving in PNG format (which is default), the screenshots are lossless and perfect quality.
The only reason your screenshots may (temporarily) look blurry from WITHIN screenshot captor is if they are zoomed smaller to fit in the winodw.  You can either set the zoom to 100% (see top right checkboxes), or you can also change the zoom algorithm to make shrunk images look a bit clearer.  If you double click an image in sidebar you should see that the actual image file is not blurry.

As to your second question, choose the "Explore at screenshot directory" to open file explorer at current screenshot directory.
EDIT: This is in both the tray menu and under the GOTO main menu.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:51 PM by mouser »

mindstormer

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 09:49 PM »
You're right, I missed it because I never use the system tray icon since the top toolbar and the main window is so convenient. Would probably be more intuitive to add that option to the right-click context menu for the left preview pane on the main window in my opinion.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 09:52 PM »
I should have said.. the "Explore at screenshot directory" also in the GoTo main menu, as well as tray menu.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 09:52 PM »
Would probably be more intuitive to add that option to the right-click context menu for the left preview pane on the main window in my opinion.
you have a point, i may try to add it.