topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 11:39 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Chrome extension to hide Youtube thumbnails?  (Read 4545 times)

nite_monkey

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Just Plain Super
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Chrome extension to hide Youtube thumbnails?
« on: November 04, 2015, 10:10 AM »
I was watching a Youtube video where the person was talking about the things that popular Youtubers go through to make their videos. One of those things was making the thumbnail, which got me thinking. Youtube thumbnails are no longer useful. Popular Youtubers make custom thumbnails for their videos that don't relate to the video. (For the most part anyway). I'm looking for either a Chrome extension, or a Tampermonkey (Greasemonkey for chrome) script (provided I can get that to even work properly) that will remove all the thumbnails on every video on youtube, and replace them with the channel's profile picture. I no longer even pay attention to video thumbnails now, since most of them are just some random image that is supposed to make you want to watch that video.
[Insert really cool signature here]

jeromg

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Chrome extension to hide Youtube thumbnails?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 03:22 PM »
Hi there,

If you feel like tweaking a bit yourself, I would definitely recommend the Chrome extension Stylish, you can do pretty much what you like on any website. You can start with an existing 'style' and customize it to your needs.

Stylish extension can be found here: https://chrome.googl...fgmeleoegfcffe?hl=en
Styles for youtube can be found here: https://userstyles.o...tyles/browse/youtube

Enjoy,

Cheers  /jerome