topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:01 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Recommended replacement for Push The Friggin Button (PTFB)?  (Read 18164 times)

famewolf

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Is there a recommended free replacement for PTFB?  I find it's not working with some buttons...for example on one app I'm trying to auto minimize the app since it starts opened on bootup and it doesn't recognize the button.   Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 07:28 PM by Deozaan, Reason: corrected typo in title »

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Recommended replacemnt for Push The Friggin Button (PTFB)?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 05:16 AM »
Is that stubborn app by any chance written in/using .NET & WPF?

famewolf

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 10:54 AM »
I'm not really sure.  The app is named folder-rss and I think it was actually written by someone here at donationcoder.com.   It gets a list of "new files" and builds an rss feed of them which I feed to my htpc so it can list both new recordings and shows that might have been downloaded via torrent etc.  All I'm really trying to accomplish is have it start minimized or ideally in the systray.   I used another app to put it into the systray but it still shows up on startup and has to be minimized to make it disappear.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 04:48 PM »
Have you tried starting the offending program from a command prompt, using START /MIN?

Have you checked the Troubleshooting section in PTFB's Help file?

There don't seem to be many dedicated alternatives now - RTVReco is really ancient - but a couple of free ones to try might be ClickOff and PowerPro (which does an awful lot more, and isn't for the fainthearted).

[Edit at UK time 2015-05-22, 21:07:-]
WARNING: I just tried ClickOff on Vista, and it was not a happy experience at all. Best left for legacy XP systems, perhaps.  YMMV.
[/Edit]

Three auto-clickers I've recently found, and haven't yet even downloaded, so don't know if they really do the same thing:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 03:11 PM by rjbull, Reason: added START /MIN »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 01:15 AM »

I have written MurGee and asked for a download link for Window Clicker.

modified:
------
Their answer gave no explanation for the missing link (!), but offered this alternative:

Window Clicker alternative
http://www.auto-clic...on-windows-computer/
Visit us at http://www.murgee.com/
-MurGee Window Clicker
Auto Clicker – Download Clicker and Automate Mouse Cursor
Mouse Clicker Softwares to automate mouse movement and clicks
Close Popup Window Automatically on Windows Computer

The Software presented here can be used as quick and easy window closer to close any unwanted popup reminders or other message box displays. The Software presented here is available for download now and can be used for multiple uses. It can be simply used as Window Closer to close any specified window. As the screenshot below displays, all you need to do is just select the desired window and mark it for automatic closure. The Button Clicker is a Window Automation Software and can be used on Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP and even on Windows 2000

http://www.auto-clicker.com/
-Auto Clicker – Close Popup Window Automatically

also, the mail included a list of all their click-programs:

1) Auto Clicker to simulate Mouse Clicks at Current Mouse Cursor Location with HotKey combination on Keyboard or Physical Mouse Click.

2) Auto Mouse Clicker to create Mouse & Keyboard Automation Scripts offered with lots of Tutorials and Sample Scripts.

3) Auto Mouse Mover to keep Mouse Cursor moving at configured interval to keep Windows Active all the time.

4) Random Mouse Clicker to simulate Mouse Clicks at Current Mouse Cursor Location with HotKey combination on Keyboard at Fixed or Random Intervals.

5) MurGeeMon to control Dual or Multiple Monitors connected to a Windows Computer and with Lots of Desktop Controlling and Management features.

6) Network Controller to Enable or Disable Network Connections using Desktop Shortcuts or with easy to use Graphical User Interface.

7) Extended Keys Manager to control NumLock, CapsLock & Scroll Lock Keys on Keyboard.

8] Auto Keyboard to simulate multiple KeyStrokes (e.g. Multiple Enter Key pressing and Releasing) using a configurable shortcut key combination.

9) Auto Typer to type long sentences onto keyboard with a configurable Shortcut Key Combination on Keyboard.

10) Wallpaper Software to easily Change Wallpaper on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and other Windows Versions.

11) JumpList Software for Windows 7 & Windows 8 to Create a Configurable JumpList to Launch Applications, Open Documents and can be used as an alternative to Desktop Shortcuts.

12) Countdown Timer to Display Digital CountDown Timer, StopWatch and Clock on your Computer.

13) Show Desktop Software Utility to Show Desktop from System Tray Icon or from Taskbar.

14) Easy Shutdown Software Utility to Create Shutdown Shortcut, Create Automatic Shotdown for Windows Computer and many other Computer Control Features.

15) Auto Talker to Type Text Messages Automatically onto Active Window.

16) Auto Mouse Click is a Mouse Automation Software to create Quick Mouse Automation Macros.

Mac Mouse Automation Utilities
Do Visit Mac Mouse Automation Utilities Website & Download Mouse Automation Utilities for Mac Lion, Mac Snow Leopard, Mac Mountain Lion, Mac Leopard, etc.
-MurGee is also for Mac
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:12 AM by Curt »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 02:57 AM »
I'm not really sure.  The app is named folder-rss and I think it was actually written by someone here at donationcoder.com.

there seems to be several forks of the original folder-rss but the one by [user]DavidA_UK[/user] seems most recent. have you tried sending him a PM or email? His email can be found at his site.

corradettikean

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 08:04 AM »
rjbull and curl you have missed one most popular autoclicker that is Ghost Mouse Auto Clicker.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 07:26 PM by Deozaan, Reason: corrected broken link »

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 08:25 AM »
^ famewolf asked for a freeware version, but your Ghost Mouse Auto Clicker 4 is shareware $20

Proper link: http://standaloneinstaller.com/download-ghost-mouse-auto-clicker

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2016, 04:10 PM »
I'm confused - what about this one?  http://www.ghost-mouse.com/index.html  Says it's version 3.2.3, and this very sparse home page says nothing at all about licensing or price.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Recommended replacement for Push The Friggin Button (PTFB)?
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 04:06 PM »
^ sorry, the $20 link was a 404 link. The price is $25:

Mouse and Keyboard Recorder, Windows Script Macro Recording Software
-$25 Ghost Mouse Auto Clicker 4

Other version with same name, but FREE (the same 3.2.3 rjbull linked to) or $6.99, $18.99 or $28.99 (Free "Lifetime" Upgrades):
http://www.remouse.c...tion-Comparison.html . Just MAYBE it's a free version 3 of the first listed $25 version 4 - from different company names?

Various versions with similar names:
http://download.cnet...rt=productName%7Easc

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2016, 05:31 PM »
Here's an interesting situation: two similar lines from the same company?

http://www.remouse.c...tion-Comparison.html
Copyright © 1997-2016 AutomaticSolution Software. All Rights Reserved.

And also:
Axife Mouse Recorder
Copyright © 1997-2015 AutomaticSolution Software. All Rights Reserved.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2016, 03:10 PM »
Mouse Recorder is a freeware by Bartels Media GmbH, the PhraseExpress people.  I haven't tried it: it appears to be a general-purpose mouse and keyboard macro program in the vein of Macro Express.  Their online documentation Window change events looks like Mouse Recorder should be able to automate button-pushing.

Steven Avery

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2016, 11:12 PM »
PTFB is on sale tonight on Bits Du Jour. Likely tomorrow as well. 

However the discount price is $15 and is license-restricted (dunno if they check, but I like to stay within licenses) to one computer (not just one user.)  Since my utilities tend to end up on 4-5 puters that I use in two locales and laptop this is far too much money for a limited feature utility.

An exception, btw, is Evernote Basic, which is free (I use a higher level for a different business account).  Although it is limited to two puters, they very nicely ask you to choose your puters when you sign on to a third.  So far, quite solid.  Especially since their sync is good, about the only one I really trust so far.

Steven

n8wachT

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • LinkList
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2016, 09:11 AM »
WARNING: I just tried ClickOff on Vista, and it was not a happy experience at all

Majorgeeks: 'ClickOff automatically clicks button on error messages that come up all the time.'
My first thought on this is more like: let's find where the error messages come from all the time- like, LOL. Doesn't do any good
for this purpose... right.?  ;)

I can see some benefit for the other goals, like in more-advanced modus to handle free bitcoin every 5 minutes faucets. Just a thought  :D

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2016, 03:41 PM »
Majorgeeks: 'ClickOff automatically clicks button on error messages that come up all the time.'
My first thought on this is more like: let's find where the error messages come from all the time [...]
More like automatically clicking maddeningly repetitive confirmation dialogs, e.g. this from tinyapps blog:
Automatically click OK (or any button) with ClickOff
While running SysClean on a heavily infected system, the following message kept popping up:

Damage Cleanup Engine (DCE)
    Virus Found:TSC_GENCLEAN

Each time, the virus scan would not continue until OK was pressed. After several dozen times, this became rather annoying. Thankfully, the small and lightweight ClickOff made short work of this otherwise unpleasant task.

sphere

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2020, 08:36 AM »
 So  Bitsdujour has PTFB Pro on sale today. I realize this is an older thread, but I was curious how PTFB compares to other options.
https://www.bitsdujo...utton#comments150812

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2020, 05:00 PM »
I was curious how PTFB compares to other options.
If you check Alternatives to PTFB Pro Software Automation Tool, it doesn't look there are any direct replacements.  Most of that list are either for software testing or general macro programs.

A quick look at my Automation tools archive turned up WinSendKeys by DC member Ath.  Don't know of that would work.  Warning - Ath's site is yet another one marked as "possible Trojan" by trigger-happy MBAM.

sphere

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2020, 06:23 PM »
Thank you. This is an area that is pretty new to me.  I am not sure where to start comparing the capabilities.  It seems like a big place to look are the triggers.

I found this review/description on a reddit forum: https://www.reddit.c...ws_what_is_the_very/
PTFB Pro: This is one of my favorite apps that I only discovered a month ago. PTFB Pro enables you to press buttons to repetitive dialog boxes. You train it what to look for, then the next time that nagging dialog box appears, PTFB Pro takes care of it for you. PTFB Pro can, like Actual Window Manager, force windows and dialog message boxes to appear in specific places on the screen. It can click on check-boxes for you, record macros for both the mouse and keyboard presses, and more. If you've ever started typing a comment here, on Reddit, then closed that tab without saving the comment, you've seen that "Are you sure you want to leave?" question. PTFB Pro takes care of that too.

PTFB Pro and Actual Window Manager share some features, but there are some things that the first can do that the other can't, and vice versa. ...
Have you noticed that when you want to view the Properties of a file, the window always appears in some random location on screen? Actual Window Manager and PTFB Pro can both make any window with the word "Properties" in its title bar appear centered on screen. When you press the WINKEY+R to bring up the command dialog, it appears in some stupid place on the screen. Not any more. now it always appears centered on the screen. And so on..."