topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:04 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: LBC appearance tweaks  (Read 3501 times)

Vurbal

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Mostly harmless
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
LBC appearance tweaks
« on: April 17, 2014, 09:29 PM »
As requested by Mouser, here's what I'd like to be able to do to adjust the appearance of certain things in LBC. If anyone else has any suggestions they would like considered for the next version, now is the time to explain - preferably with some sort of visual aid.

1. I'd like to be able to adjust the position of nodes. In the example below I'd like to align the tops of all the icons but since the first one has no text and the others do this doesn't work.

2. Adjustable padding for the top of a launchbar.

3. Manually set the width of nodes. I'd like to set all 3 of these menu nodes to the same width and I'd like it to be arbitrary. By that I mean I want to select the width rather than relying on the size of the icon or text.

launchbar_appearance.png

Additionally I'd like to be able to set the size of a separator without losing the line. Currently if you set a manual width, the separator image is no longer shown. Also I'd like to be able to make that size less than 10 pixels (or whatever the current minimum is when you specify width) and specify whether the separator image should be on the left, center, or right.
I learned to say the pledge of allegiance
Before they beat me bloody down at the station
They haven't got a word out of me since
I got a billion years probation
- The MC5

Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the danger of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of ''crackpot'' than the stigma of conformity.
- Thomas J. Watson, Sr

It's not rocket surgery.
- Me

I recommend reading through my Bio before responding to any of my posts. It could save both of us a lot of time and frustration.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Re: LBC appearance tweaks
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 03:09 PM »
Very concisely explained -- I'm going to see how much of this i can get done this weekend for the next beta release.  Hopefully you can do some testing for me.  :up:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
Re: LBC appearance tweaks
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 08:41 AM »
Ok i've managed to add some of the requests, try the new beta.

You can now set explicit minimum width of all buttons (or overide any button), and you can set spacings for separators, and toolbar margins.