topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:32 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Hurry...Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tacticst for free at GOG  (Read 3938 times)

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
There are only several hours left (10 or so), but GOG offers Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics for free.

Even better, when you register today with them you get 12 more (good old) games, also free!

Better act fast. Oh yeah, no affiliation on my part, just a happy customer there.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Hurry...Fallout 1, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tacticst for free at GOG
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 04:25 PM »
Some more info:

One of today's big deals is: Fallout, Fallout 2 , and Fallout Tactics are all FREE!  - https://secure.gog.c...ay_winter_promo_2013

Note that there's a strong rumor that these titles will no longer be on sale on GOG after the new year due to changes in ownership of rights to the games. So get 'em while you can, and get 'em while they're free. (If you've purchased a title, the download remains in your account even after GOG no longer sells it - at least that's been true so far)

Understandably, the site is getting hammered.

Update:

It looks like the link to the free Fallout offers has been taken off of the GOG home page.  It also looks like the direct link above still works.  The site seems to be a bit better but is still pretty flaky, so I'm not sure how easy it'll be to get through the checkout process - or even if the offer might be cancelled (it looks like it was planned to be for today and tomorrow).
Tom

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 07:21 PM »
when you register today with them you get 12 more (good old) games, also free!

Note that this is an ongoing thing, not a time-limited special - when you open an account at GOG, there are 12 games that you get for free.

I haven't played most of these - I imagine the quality varies.

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 07:24 PM »
I had a problem with my Windows mail client (thunderbird) getting mail from my Linux mail server, so I saw this message quite late. The site was really getting hammered (and nailed!), but with a bit of perseverance I got through and could lay claim on this offer.  During my lunch I wrote the original post of this thread, but that was already too late then. The original offer would last till 14 December 2013 till midday. Which led me to assume there was still time for others to enjoy this offering.

Note that there's a strong rumor that these titles will no longer be on sale on GOG after the new year due to changes in ownership of rights to the games. So get 'em while you can, and get 'em while they're free. (If you've purchased a title, the download remains in your account even after GOG no longer sells it - at least that's been true so far)

This message was shown to me as well, but without the part that is emphasized. The rest of the message apologized for the problematic service and explained that capacity would be quadrupled

But after reading the post from Tomos I'm not sure anymore with So I will be off downloading my copies...

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 07:30 PM »
The offer is still shown here in Paraguay, with 11 hours to go.