topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:33 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: I cannot move Office 2010 windows to another Grid in GridMove.  (Read 4012 times)

lsanchez

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello there,

This is my first post. Sorry if I did not post it to the correct area.

I have been happily using GridMove in WinXP+Office2003 for many years and at work we have finally moved to Win7 and Office 2010. With any window of Office2010 (Word, Outlook,etc) there is no way to "pick it up" with the mouse and move it to another pre-defined area.

With normal windows it happens without any problem, it is just with these Office 2010 windows (which have some icons already on the first line of the window frame (the one that used to be blue in Office 2003).

I am sure someone can tell me what am I doing wrong, could you tell me how should I drag these windows? What am I missing?

Thanks!

Luis.

lsanchez

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: I cannot move Office 2010 windows to another Grid in GridMove.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 01:06 AM »
Hello there,

I found the reply: I can "pick up" the Office 2010 windows with the mouse. They seem to behave different than the rest but if you take the mouse to an edge and wait long enough (you can define that time in Options / Set Edge Time) the window will move.

Great product!

Luis.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: I cannot move Office 2010 windows to another Grid in GridMove.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 04:18 AM »
Hello there,

I found the reply: I can "pick up" the Office 2010 windows with the mouse. They seem to behave different than the rest but if you take the mouse to an edge and wait long enough (you can define that time in Options / Set Edge Time) the window will move.

Great product!

Luis.

thanks for the update :Thmbsup:
I use GridMove myself - but only with shortcuts so had no ideas here.

PS if you do have any further problems with gridmove, it would be better to post in this board: JGPaiva's Ahk Tools (he's the author, and would then get notification of the post).
Tom